Not Interestered in Milk AT ALL!!

xkikix

Reaction score
Since last week Chester has shown no interest in any of his milk bottles, he normally has 3 a day, 7 oz in each.

Also I've noticed that his suck has changed, he kind of bites at the teet rather than suck and he takes forever, most of the time he will only take 1-2oz and it will take him 30mins of this new biting/sucking thing!

He is eating lots of food, more than ever and keen on trying new things its like he simply isnt interested in milk anymore. but i dont know if its cus of his teeth cus he barely wants his dummy either (not such a bad thing tho!)

I just dont know what to do, i'm upping his dairy intake by giving more cheese and yogurt, I dont know if I should try him on a bit of cows milk???

Sounds to me like he might be teething, especially if he's biting the teat. If you're upping his dairy intake that should help. Have you started giving him milk in a cup? Might be an idea if he's off his bottle.

you can give him cows milk on his breakfast hun but make sure its blue (full fat)
Thomas is the same at the moment hun he will eat loads of food but not much milk at all maybe only 12oz a day if that,
Think it might be a thing they do leading up to a year old where food becomes there main source of evereything they need.

Just keep offering it hun hopefully he might drink a bit more but dont panic too much if he doesnt :hug:
As you say he gets calcium from cheese yougarts ect
Hope your pregnancy is going well aswell hun
xx

Leese said:
Sounds to me like he might be teething, especially if he's biting the teat. If you're upping his dairy intake that should help. Have you started giving him milk in a cup? Might be an idea if he's off his bottle.

I've been trying to give milk in a trainer cup (cow cup) but he just bites that teet as well, he will take water from a trainer cup without a problem tho. I just hope I havent created like a "teet-confusion" ??

Manda&Thomas said:
Hope your pregnancy is going well aswell hun
xx

Hey hun, god its hard work! Chester is crawling now and i'm getting very tired, my hubby is having to take over a lot of things like dressing him cus i cant bend down as well. I'm getting a bit worried about having 2 babies but i'm sure it will be great! Hope your is going well as well. Its a bit deja vu, this time last year we were towards the end of tri2 as well :shock: :shock: :shock:

forgot to add about the teething bit, have you tried a hard spout tippy cup thing? Thomas will bite his soft one but drink from his hard spout nicely,

Pregnancy is going ok very tiring Thomas is almost walking and will climb onto everything,
Glad your doing ok :hug:
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back