Formula IN food.

kay126

Reaction score
Donovan has been weaning for 2/3 weeks now because his milk wasnt satisfying him anymore and he was already on hungry baby but now he loves food but his interest in his milk is waning, he is on 4 bottles a day I offer him 7 oz but sometimes he will only have 5oz which can mean his milk intake can be as little as 20oz a day, he is 16lb-ish in weight and 18 weeks old, im sure this isnt enough milk. I give him porridge for supper and last night I made it up with 3oz of formula instead of water to try and up his milk intake... It may be a stupid question but does this count? Is having it in his food the equivalent as drinking it if you know what i mean???

If charley hasn't had much milk then I make things that I can add milk too. I think 20oz's of milk a day is what they need when weaning so it sounds like he's doing well x.

Using it in food does count!! I had the same problem and still do, I only offer 5oz bottles now because I know he won't take any more, he has 3, 5oz ones and then a large 8oz before bed, which for some reason he always drinks but some days he's taking less than 20oz, so I put it in his breakfast and if he's had a bad day I make up some baby rice with milk and mix a fruit pot with it :)

Sent from my iPhone using
Tapatalk sorry for any typos!!

Ellie is 22 weeks (15weeks corrected) and she takes 23oz daily and the neonatal paediatrition said thata plenty for Ellie she is 11lb 5oz xx

i always use formula if im making up cereal, or to smooth out purees

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back