Not good- off to EPU- UPDATED!

x Naomi x

Reaction score
Well went to the private scan, on the external one he pointed out what he thought was the sac and there was a white dot in the middle of it

When he did the internal he pointed out that i had a tilted womb but he couldnt find and sac or anything, he just noted that my uterus was thickened

He says it could be that the baby is younger or not there

He asked me when my last BFP was - funnily enough i did a digital berore we got there which came up BFP straight away

So he said to do another test in 3 days, he scratched his head afew times over the fact i had no major bleeding or pain but said to come back in another 2 weeks for another scan to see if anything appears

He is probably presuming that we BD' alot last month but we only did it 4 times so i dont think its possible for it to be that much younger

I just dont understand why he could see something on the outside but not the internal, it took him two attempts with the internal to get to the right place

My head is saying thats the end of the road as i havent got the symptoms just wish i would have some pain or bleeding to show for it :cry: :cry: :cry:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Aw honey, I am sorry it wasn't too reassuring.
Try not to loose heart, it honestly is really difficult to see anything so early on. It may be better in a few weeks.
I hope you're ok, I am thinking of you :hug: :hug:

Hello
sometimes they are not very experienced with the internal scans, I had a nurse saying i had a tilted womb but then another nurse had to take over and she found babe straight away, positive that the uterus has thickened and there was a white dot, can you request another scan maybe?
good luck
x

NW1 please dont worry too much - when I was pregnant with Hannah I went to my first hospital appointment at 12 weeks and the doctor felt my tummy and said "I dont think you are pregnant!!" They sent me for a scan and there she was - she's now 20! They told me after that I have a tilted womb and therefore it takes longer for the uterus to come out of the pelvic bone - on the plus side you dont show so early!! When I was having Josh they wrote it in big black marker pen on my notes so I didnt go through the same thing again ...........

I'm :pray: that everything will be ok - I'm sure it will be - as you went privately why dont you wait a couple of days and ring the hospital again?

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Don't loose hope just yet... Have another scan done next week if you are still getting BFP's ... it may just be too early to see a baby... Semen can live inside your body for nearly a week, so you might not be quite 6 weeks yet, in which case the baby's heart probably hasn't even started beating yet.

I was 6 weeks pregnant when I started bleeding heavily with my first child, my uterus is also tilted backwards as is my mum's.. I had a scan done, which showed a sack and nothing else... The doctors said I'd miscarried and that if I hadn't stopped bleeding within two weeks to go back and they'd do a D&C... So after two weeks of bleeding red blood, worse than any period I'd ever had..Including cramps and passing clots, I went back.. well they do a standard scan before hand, and up pops the sac and a little pixel flashing away (this was nearly 9 years ago so technology has come a long way)... Now my daughters a happy and healthy 8 year old, but came a hairs whisper away from being removed because the scans aren't that accurate.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: If your LO is only around 5 weeks old, then he won't even be big enough to show up on the scans...

Morning! gonna try and get hold of the on call midwife again this morning and see whether she can speed things up abit,

Me and dean were working it out last night and because my last AF was 6 days earlier than it should have been, i dont know whether that would have made any difference to when i conceived, i suppose i could be about 5 days later which would explain why my BFP's were so faint to start with

Really would have just believed it if we hadnt seen the little sac and blob on the external scan but that has given me a little hope

aww hun try not to give up hope our bodys work in weird ways lots of ladies on here have been sure they were a certain amount gone and at the scan they get put back a week sometimes more
your baby is just to small to be seen hun my sister has a titled womb and she couldnt see her boys properly till she was 12/13 weeks
manda xx

Well rang EPU direct as i am impatient bugger and they have told me to get there at 1030, my OH is at the vet with our dog and the hospital is 20 miles away!!

I spoke to the sister on the phone and she said its probably just to small to see but then i explained that the private scan had shown something on the abdo scan but then the internal so she said come in and they would see what they could work out

Fingers crossed x

Try not to worry, i know its hard tho. When i went for an early scan i was sipposed to be 10 weeks and the baby was only 5 and it was litterally i tiny white dot so it could just be that you cant see it very well. hope everything goes ok tho xxxx

Thinking of you NW1. Hope you made the appointment okay.

Well back and none the wiser really!

They did the scan which they couldnt see anything in the womb - he said not to worry as it could still be too early to pick up

He checked my ovaries and my left had a corpus luteum type cyst so he said i definatley have been / are still pregnant as apparently this swells to provide the uterus with progesterone

He said the pregnancy could either be in the womb but too early to see, somewhere where it shouldnt be, or its already gone

I have had blood taken today and i have to go back saturday morning for repeats and then they can tell whether my hormone levels are rising or falling,

The midwife said it is obviously a good sign that i am in no pain or have no bleeding but that sometimes ectopic pregnancys dont cause pain until abit later?

Lets just hope its just abit smaller and invisible :pray:

Oh and when we got back home i had a letter with my 12 week scan date of 15th November :wall:

Lets just hope i still need it

:hug: I'm sorry to read you are still non the wiser, how frustrating! I guess you might just have a very camera shy baby. If it is any consquence I had a missed m/c at 7 weeks and saw a very obvious feotal sac (quite hard to miss if you are looking) so the chances are baby is still well and good as you haven't seen anything like this. You seem very sound and relatively calm. Keep it up and I'm :pray: you have your good news soon.

B :hug:

Ill be thinking of you hon, what a run around its horrible when you just want to know wtf is going on!!!

Just relax, I hope your not worrying?

hugs and kisses

x

Feeling rather delicate at the minute and getting the scan letter hasnt helped, also my best friend from work is due at the same time as me so if things do go wrong i am gonna be watching her pregnancy progress how mine should have.

I just would have thought that some kind of sac or something would have shown up and i know they have told me otherwise but cant help but worry

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back