Not feeling Nauseous, Normal?

sensualwitch

Reaction score
I thought I would sign my wife up to the forums as she has a lot of worry over exactly what type of symptoms come along with pregnancy.

We had our booking in with the midwife today who, after feeling her tum couldn't find the sac and also, whilst using a sonic aid couldn't find the heartbeat. We believe my wife is about 8-10 weeks pregnant and unfortunately she wont be due for a scan for a couple of weeks.

She has been feeling nauseous expecially when eating, shes gone off food she would normally like, though she hasn't had any cravings yet. Recently she has stopped feeling ill, which genereally happens around the 12-13th week. If that was the case then the midwife should have been able to pick up the heartbeat using the sonic aid.

By not feeling nauseous now, does she have anything to worry about. We've been trying for a child for two years and so are worried about anything going wrong.

Thanks in advance.

welcome to the forums!

it may be that your wife isnt as far gone as you both initially thought which would explain why the midwife couldnt find the sac or the heartbeat.

as for the sickness every woman and every pregnancy is different there are no set rules as to what should happen when.

some women go throughout the whole of there pregnancy without feeling sick once where as others (like myself unfourtunatly :lol: ) are not only feeling sick but are physically sick all the way through there pregnancy.

i honestly wouldnt worry to much if the midwife thought there was cause for concern then she would have sent your wife for a scan to make sure all was well- so id take that as a good sign! ;)

Hope everything turns out well and your wife enjoys a healthy happy 9 months ;)

x

Hi I'd just like to add that in early pregnancy food aversions are more common than cravings. I went off loads of my favourite stuff. I was also nauseous quite soon after conception and then that wore off for about a week and was then replaced with full on sickness!

When I first saw my doc (about 8 weeks) he said he wouldn't try and listen to the heartbeat because there is a good chance its too early to find it. I'm sure you will find everything is just fine at your next scan :D

Thanks for your support,

I'm sure everything is fine anyway! I've just bought a fetal doppler as not only will it be interesting, but will also help put her mind at rest. Only problem now is to try and find the heartbeat ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back