nose bleeds??

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by amyknight88, Nov 20, 2005.

1. amyknight88

amyknight88 Well-Known Member

this is probaly got nothing to do with me being pregnant but for the last 7 days i mustve had about 5 or 6 nose bleeds a day. whats all that about? am i worrying over nothing. i know my nose has got nothing to do with having a baby but i dont know just abit paranoid (again) i suppose. will somebody please just put my mind at rest (without laughing) lol

2. LouisecH

LouisecH Well-Known Member

Hello

I had this about a month ago and it's not very nice. It's to do with two things: firstly increase in hormones and secondly increase in blood volumes.

I contacted my midwife and she said if I contiuned to loose a lot of blood to pop to the doctor to make sure I didn't become aneamic. Happily it stopped after about 10 days.

That said I only had 5 or six over a week not a day. Perhaps you should see your GP just in case???

Hope you feel better soon

3. Urchin

Urchin Well-Known Member

4. amyknight88

amyknight88 Well-Known Member

Thanks. ive made an appoinment for friday afternoon with my gp just to be on the safe side. i hope they stop soon they can be so inconvenient lol

5. BubbleOne

BubbleOne Well-Known Member

I had regular nosebleeds in my first trimester. Not gushing or anything but I never normally get them.
    I think it's normal because the membranes at the back of your nose weaken during pregnancy (I think) hence the reason you might feel more bunged up too xxx
    Let us know what the doctor says :D