• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No signs whatsoever?

ishah2124

Reaction score

Hiya girlieeees,

I am currently 38 weeks and 3 days pregnant, I have not received ANY signs on labour approaching soon. I did get really really bad period pains after going loo but midwife told me something else. My baby has been getting stiff in my belly ..he really raises the surface. I told her about this and she said these may be braxton hicks, but I really really don't think they are :roll:

Is there anyone else in the same position as me lol.

Yep I'm there too! I'm 39 weeks today and nothing! My BH contractions have eased off totally, haven't had any for about 2 weeks!

Makes me nervous because they already think I have a giant baby, estimated 8lb14oz at 36+1. They've said they won't let me go over my due date if I get that far, which I think I will! Saw my MW on monday and she was shocked I hadn't had any signs at all!

I'm going for another growth scan tomorrow and consultant appointment, my midwife said to take my hospital bag in just in case they want to get me started early but I'm not getting my hopes up!

It's annoying isn't it!!??

xx

Hey girls

I'm with you ! She's due today, fed up and I've assigned myself to bed. Xx

Yep I'm there too! I'm 39 weeks today and nothing! My BH contractions have eased off totally, haven't had any for about 2 weeks!

Makes me nervous because they already think I have a giant baby, estimated 8lb14oz at 36+1. They've said they won't let me go over my due date if I get that far, which I think I will! Saw my MW on monday and she was shocked I hadn't had any signs at all!

I'm going for another growth scan tomorrow and consultant appointment, my midwife said to take my hospital bag in just in case they want to get me started early but I'm not getting my hopes up!

It's annoying isn't it!!??

xx

Oooooh, :) still you got hope now that they might lol how you feeling about that?!

My midwife has offered my a sweep in another week or so but that's about it, I havent been told my babies estimated weight! did you have to ask yourself or does everyone get told themselves?

I had no signs with either of mine. Both labours started from no where x

nope no signs for me either. 38+4 and the knicker watching is back looking for any signs of a show. no braxton hicks to speak off, very slightly loose bowels however I'm normally pretty regular (twice a day normally) so going 3-4 times is not that uncommon.
I am needed to wee more now but thats where baby is getting lower.

Hey girls

aahhh still you've arrived further which means here is more chance haha.
You not had any signs at all then?
I would do the same but my shoulders are really aching from sleeping at nights probably because all the weigh on one shoulder when I lye on my side :roll:

I had no signs with either of mine. Both labours started from no where x

That's what Iv'e been thinking maybe labour will just START and there will be no little signs.

How long after your waters breaking can you go into labour? I haven't had show/waters breaking or braxton hicks.

nope no signs for me either. 38+4 and the knicker watching is back looking for any signs of a show. no braxton hicks to speak off, very slightly loose bowels however I'm normally pretty regular (twice a day normally) so going 3-4 times is not that uncommon.
I am needed to wee more now but thats where baby is getting lower.

Yeah, I have to wee more but that's common during pregnancy and as the baby getting bigger it will get more often which is probably why we go that much now. You're one day ahead of me! :lol:
Iv'e got slightly loose bowels too.

Oooooh, :) still you got hope now that they might lol how you feeling about that?!

My midwife has offered my a sweep in another week or so but that's about it, I havent been told my babies estimated weight! did you have to ask yourself or does everyone get told themselves?

I'm feeling half excited but I don't want to get my hopes up and be disappointed!

I just automatically got told at this growth scan what his estimated weight was. I didn't at my 12 week scan, or my 16 week growth scan, or my 20 week detailed scan. I lived in a different area then and their policy was different, this hospital just tells me!

xx

I'm feeling half excited but I don't want to get my hopes up and be disappointed!

I just automatically got told at this growth scan what his estimated weight was. I didn't at my 12 week scan, or my 16 week growth scan, or my 20 week detailed scan. I lived in a different area then and their policy was different, this hospital just tells me!

xx

Ahhh, okay.
Good luck for tomorrow :)

Hello, I have no signs either. Been drinking raspberry leaf tea to help shorten the labour but nothing so far to bring it on. Due in 9 days and getting quite anxious now. We'll all be fine, we'll all have one of those labours where you just take an aspirin, fart and the baby pops out :)

And breathe ......

Hiya I was due yest, had stomach ach all thru the night last night but nothong else, no plug ,no show etc frels weird doesmt it xx

Hiya I was due yest, had stomach ach all thru the night last night but nothong else, no plug ,no show etc frels weird doesmt it xx

Definitely feels weird, I thought I'd at least have had a show by now, my MW was so shocked when I said I'd had nothing. Just makes it seem like it's never going to happen!

I know I'll have my LO in the next week because they won't let me go over, but it doesn't actually seem like it's going to happen. OH feels the same way, we were talking about it last night, it's such a weird feeling!

xx

Hello, I have no signs either. Been drinking raspberry leaf tea to help shorten the labour but nothing so far to bring it on. Due in 9 days and getting quite anxious now. We'll all be fine, we'll all have one of those labours where you just take an aspirin, fart and the baby pops out :)

And breathe ......

Haha let's hope so! :lol:

It does yeah, like i'm sitting there ...thinking is this really ever going to happend haha.

no show no nothing at all!:shakehead:

yeah i honestly thought you will have a show, then x ammount of days later maybe a bloody show, then x ammount of days later waters break then contractions imbetween all this emptying of bowels alot etc. how wrong are we lol!!! ive unusually got a headache today too that i cant shift! xxxxxx

same here women! but ive heard that alot of women recive no signs before labour! just happens quite quickly for some people, this is whaat im trying to tell myself! im 39+2 today and have had noossigns whatsoever. last appointment i had was 34weeks! since then nothing! midwives havent even called me to check how imdoing so im jus sitting here assuming it will happenall at once. i guess we can never really know, sooo annoying:(

same here women! but ive heard that alot of women recive no signs before labour! just happens quite quickly for some people, this is whaat im trying to tell myself! im 39+2 today and have had noossigns whatsoever. last appointment i had was 34weeks! since then nothing! midwives havent even called me to check how imdoing so im jus sitting here assuming it will happenall at once. i guess we can never really know, sooo annoying:(

More further along you are the more hope you get i suppose haha gets more annoying too :p

Hey girls

aahhh still you've arrived further which means here is more chance haha.
You not had any signs at all then?
I would do the same but my shoulders are really aching from sleeping at nights probably because all the weigh on one shoulder when I lye on my side :roll:

No sign.. Maybe there are
Signs but I'm just ignoring them.

For example, more braxton hicks, period like pains and my lady garden is squidgy like a sponge! Sorry tmi xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back