Absolutely no signs!

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
I'm supposed to be due in less than two weeks but I've not shown any signs or false alarms.

I'm not even that sure I've had any braxton hicks. :?: If I have they haven't been at all painful. No cramps. Very little pressure down below.

Are you supposed to have false starts and 'is this it?' moments? or have loads of people just gone straight into labour with absolutely no previous false alarms?

Dont worry I have had hardly any signs of anything happening and only know I have BH when my belly goes like a rock ! they havent hurt so far! As for other signs, there doesnt have to be any you can litterally go into labour the head doesnt have to be engaged, you dont have to have had a show etc, its only in the past week my bump has dropped even further and I can feel the baby pushing down.

An afternoon with me and Dom and giggling will get you on your way.

My waters broke after my husband made me laugh my head off :D

I had no false starts either or any signs except a show the day before

I am due on the same day as you Sarah, and I haven't had any signs or shows, that's why I am thinking I am going to go into February :evil: I was at MW last week and as she went to examine me she said that she would need to wait a minute as I had a braxton Hick, tummy was too hard! I thought I never got them, I thought the hardening was the baby pushing it's back out, how wrong! :lol:

So you are probably having Braxton Hicks, but just aren't aware, a lot of women's aren't painful or sore, and are completely unaware of them.

I haven't had any period like pains, and the pressure underneath that you are supposed to get when baby is pushing down and engaging further has subsided. :cry:

I am at the Consultants today at 3, I am going to ask out of curiosity if we should be having any symptoms or period like pain cramps. Will let you know.

:lol:

I didn't have any false starts except some leaking which turned out to be wee! :oops: In the end my waters never broke and the midwife had to do it when I'd been going 12 hours already! (Didn't hurt at all and after that it all went a lot quicker)

I don't think I'd really had proper BH either- just some mild tightening at around 20 weeks.

When it happened I thought that was a false start but it wasn't!! I kept saying to my Mum "but nothing might happen" and she was like "we're coming over anyway- you're in labour you noggin!" I had a show at lunchtime- a period pain like contraction at about 2pm, 4pm and 6pm and then from 8pm they started happening at 40 min intervals- getting to every 7 mins at about 11pm.

+++

I did not have any BH or did not feel them. Even when I was in labour My belly was not hard during contraction, the midwife had to press on my lower belly to feel the hardening. But I can assure you I was feeling the contractions though lol

2 days before, I was examined and I was showing no signs of pre labour!!!

So do not worry, it can come at anytime at all!!!

Good luck!!!

I had loads of BHs and a false alarm and baby was still 13 days overdue and took 3 days to come out so don't worry about it. Like future mum said little one can arrive at anytime. I didn't have my show until labour and they had to break my waters. I had a lazy baby lol :D

I didnt really have any signs the odd braxton hick but not strong ones or very often, the first i knew was when my waters broke when i still had 3 weeks to go!!! SO maybe you will be the same with no real signs!!!

Natalie x

Im glad this thread is here, I was starting to worry that I should have been getting noticable BH by now.....put my mind at ease!

Looking back I don't think I had BH either, I think I did at about 22/23 weeks but not after that...

I don't have noticeable BH either, just keep getting period pain on and off.

I was up through the night with pains in my stomach and really needed the loo so i don't know if my body is clearing itself out for labour or something :roll:

I also feel like i really don't want to leave the house. do you think this could be a sign that labour could be soon??

Im due 2 weeks today, i havent had any signs either.
I do get very light period cramps once or twice a day, but really lightly. I dont mind going over, but am dreading the thought of being induced, then i wont be able to go to the birth centre :(
I too dont really know if ive had any BH, get tightenings but it makes me want to wee, so i have put it down to baby pushing on bladder (???!)
I have edged my bets on Feb 13th (due 5th) but any earlier would be more than welcome LOL

I can never tell if my stomach is tightening or if it is the baby moving - cos that makes your bump feel tight too. :?

do you girlies know if the head is engaged?
even then i was told it could still take a couple of weeks, but surely that means no more seen as its sort of starting?!

i get tightenings, period cramps (mild) but my major prob is when i get up in the morning i can hardly walk. does anyone else get this?

i dont think my gynecologist was right when she said early baby.. snuffle
*you can pop out now baby, you are full term!* said lovingly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back