advice please?

stargirl

Reaction score
As some of you know this is my first cycle after getting AF in april after being off the depo for 7 months.
started poas on cd9 and all negitives! Thought I ov'd on cd 17 as had really bad pain and slight (tmi sorry) brown spotting. Still no positive opk's.
Then on cd22 I got a positive opk - the test line was darker then the control line... I poas 3 times to confirm.
However OH was away on cd 22 so we couldn't BD and we haven't BD'd since cd 19.

We have on cd23 (quite late at night) and cd24 (today).

So apart from ov-ing late and not knowing how long my cycles are what do you think my chances are of being caught????? I know an egg can last between 12- 24 hrs and I think I did ov on cd23 cause of ewcm and slight pain.

ttc is a science and I hated science in school!!! sorry about the long post.

when you get the +opk it means you are about to ovulate within 12-24 hours so BD on CD23 would have been great timing - so I think your are definitely in with a chance :)

good luck :)

ps I plan to only BD the day after my +opk and not before on purpose as I would like to edge things towards having a boy ;)

why? Does BDing after ovulation give you better chances of having a boy???? I never knew that. My OH would love a boy :)

Girl sperm - live longer, but take longer to swim up to egg
Boy sperm - are quicker swimmers but live shorter lives!

So if you BD before O and then not again - it's likely that the girl ones would have made it up there by the time the egg comes out and the boy ones would have died while waiting!

Meaning if you BD when egg is already on way or already there - the boys will race up and get there before the girls!

This worked with my last 2 ;)

oooh I'll have to remember that for the future! At this moment in time I just want a happy healthy baby! :)

reason I'm doing the 'boy' thing is that a) my son wants a brother b) I want a boy this time and c) I was sick when carrying my DD but not with my DS, lol.

Thats really interesting! I want a girl, so lots of BD'ing for the next 3 days for me!! :bd:

Wow I never heard that before lol. Please tell me theres a way to help me have twins instead as that would pretty much be my dream :) other than that Im not fussed what sex my baby will be as long as I manage to have a healthy one I'll be ecstatic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back