No movement

Samantha55

Reaction score
Not sure if I should be worried or not so advice please ladies. Baby has been really active the last few weeks and I have felt him throughout the day but today I haven't felt him once. I know in the past I've seen others say that this may be because of a growth spirt is that correct? Should I contact MW just in case or just wait another day and see? This is my first pregnancy so have no comparison...

X

Hey sweetie, I didn't wanna read and run but I'm not as far along as you so I'm a little unsure. Maybe the little mite is having a lazy day? I'd wait it out another 24hours or so and if you're still worried call your MW and see if she can have a look at you. I'm sure everything is fine. Also, is there anything you do/eat/drink that makes him wiggle? If so try that or maybe some music or talking to him? If you have a doppler which I'm assuming you don't(?) You could have tried that to put your mind at ease, maybe even borrow a friend's or a relatives doppler? Hope you're okay, sorry I couldn't help much. Xxx

Hi! I had exactly the same worry today, felt nothing all last night and this morning so rang the midwife who was lovely and said I could go see her for peace of mind. She felt my bump and used Doppler and all was fine :) she suggested some ice water, so I had that when I got back to work and the cheeky monkey hasn't stopped kicking all aft!

She said they do have quiet days, and to remember that your bladder and bowel if full can cause less space and less movement.

Might be worth calling mw if you're worried? I'm sure it's fine but nice to be told "officially" :) xx

Thanks for your replies ladies. No I don't have a Doppler and am 22 plus 4. Hmmm think i will wait out the eve as that's usually when he is most active and have a cold fizzy drink and call tomorrow if still nothing.

Gad your lil baby was just having a quiet day Chloe and you were able to be checked! They do keep us worrying and they aren't even here yet! Hehe

Xxx

They will have a little listen if you are worried, but TBH at this stage it is very common to have quiet days. Sometimes due to growth spurts, and sometimes because baby is still small enough that if they change position you might not be able to feel them.

Even today - and I feel movement every day without fail and normally in a pattern now, my midwife heard the baby move on Doppler, and I couldn't feel a thing!

Looks like your the same edd as me I get quiet days and tend to panic and yeah u r right worrying us and not even here yet hope he reassures u soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back