No movement yet

heggie10

Reaction score
Hi ladies
I am 18 weeks gone on friday and haven't felt any movement yet not even those buttlefly movement that people mention. I am just scared that things are gone wrong. Had my last app on 28th june everything was fine. This is my 1st so don't know when all these things should happen.
Just wondering when do people get to feel movement or should i be worried yet. Please help me

Last edited:
Between 18 and 22 weeks for a first pregnancy or sometimes bit later so you don't have anything to worry about and all your checks have been fine :)

Everybody is different hun, try not to worry. Have you thought about buying/renting a doppler? I found mine a massive help before I was feeling frequent movements. x

dont worry about it, everyone is different im sure it wont be much longer before you get them :)
x

With my first it was about 19 weeks before I felt that I was getting definite movements from baby. Looking back now though after two more children I do think I felt her earlier but didnt realise it was definitely her. At first mine felt like tiny little bubbles popping or little tiny flutters, barely noticeable unless you really concentrated on it. If your busy working you probably won't notice it so much. Most people with first pregnancies tend to feel movement 18-22 weeks, so dont worry too much. Soon enough you'll see your tummy bouncing around!

With my first I didn't feel it until 21 or 22 weeks, so that's absolutely normal!

don't worry hun - as girls said, first mums to be usually start feeling movement after they are 18 w (that's what my mw told me). When is your next mw appointment? Ask her to listen to the baby's hear beat just for reassurance. But I'm sure it's fine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back