no movement yet - 20 weeks!

Snooky

Reaction score
HI all - I am nearly 20 weeks - and have felt no movement yet at all. Am starting to get very frustrated and a little worried - should i be? Is this normal? I know a lot of people have felt movement or sensations by now. My scan isnt for another 2 weeks...

Hi :wave:

I've been in the same boat as you. I'm 21 weeks on wed and its only been this weekend that i think i've felt movement. I'm still not 100% sure but i'm a bit more hopefull. The books say 16-22 weeks and i've come to the decision that there has to be a few of us who don't feel anything till much later to keep them facts accurate.

As they say good things come to those who wait and hopefully you will feel movement soon.

Other than that i hope you are ok, i look forward to hearing how you scan goes in a couple of weeks.

Grace xx

I didnt feel any real movement until 20 weeks, and its only been in the last 2 weeks that he moves constantly, and I can physically see my stomach move........in fact sometimes I wonder when he sleeps :D

All my books say you may not feel any movement with your first baby until 24 weeks - so I wouldnt worry at all!

Hi :wave: :wave:

I was 22 weeks with my first when i felt the first faint flutterings and 19 weeks with my 2nd and then earlier with tia and this one.

You should feel something real soon love please try not to worry :hug: :hug: xx

Hi there
Its only been the past week that I've felt some faint kicks myself, and even then I was unsure. I guess I expected it to feel stronger than it has done!

I havent seen my stomach move yet either....

try not to worry,...but if you are concerned maybe give your midwife a call for reassurance :hug: :hug:

thanks eveyone, that's good to hear!

Phoned midwife earlier too and she said to pop into surgery on my way home from work today - so at least i will get to hear the baby's heartbeat again for reassurance - hoorray!

I think maybe it's a boy and being lazy! ha ha.

i wasnt sure if i felt movement until my 20wk scan then i could see the movement in correspondence to what i was feeling :) i found out my placenta is anterior so thats why i hadn't felt movements sooner. don't worry im sure baby is fine :)

Snooky said:
thanks eveyone, that's good to hear!

Phoned midwife earlier too and she said to pop into surgery on my way home from work today - so at least i will get to hear the baby's heartbeat again for reassurance - hoorray!

I think maybe it's a boy and being lazy! ha ha.

Let us know how you get on hun!!

Oh and Im having a boy and he is so active its unbelievable - maybe we just have a future athlete on our hands :D

I haven't felt anything yet either - I sometimes think I might have done then put it down to wind?!! :lol:
Are they really different to anything else that I might be feeling? Will I know?

With Brody I didn't feel him move until quite late try not to worry you will soon be begging for a break from the toes tickling and prodding your ribs :lol:

I was worried too but it'll come. its only been the last month or so that the movements are strong. Im sure everything is just fine.

Claire x

I didn't recognise the babies' movements as movements until my OH pointed them out! its quite common if its your first pregnancy not to feel them til 20 weeks +.

I hope you get some reassurance from the midwife :)

thanks everyone, i saw the midwife yesterday and everything is fine.

I guess I will just have to be patient!

Hard to know what is digestive noises sometimes and wind....! time will tell...

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back