no morning sicknness-really worried

paulaws

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am so worried that something is wrong as I dont have any morning sickness and when I was having my first baby I had it everyday and all day.
I am that worried that my midwife is gonna try to get me in for an early scan to put my mind at rest. It has taken us 18 months to get pregnant and as I am so worried she said she will see what she could do.
I do have other symptoms such as tiredness and sore boobs but thats it. I know there have been other threads like this and you are all probably thinking I am being daft so I will apologise now (especially if you are someone who is really suffering from morning sickness).
I would really appreciate it if you would tell me what you think.
Paula

I honestly think that every pg is different and that in a few weeks you will be experiencing the sickness symptoms. 5 weeks is really early I think for the symptoms. Last pg I didnt get it till about 8 weeks and this pg it was from the word go.
Try not to worry, easier said than done I know.

Take care

Laura

Hi Paula,

i know exactly how you feel. This is my second pregnancy, my first ended in m/c at just over 6 weeks in may this year.

With my first I didn't have any m/s, just tender breasts. With this one, again no m/s but I feel more tired this time around (but that could be all the worrying!).

I have been told on another thread not to worry as some women don't get m/s until later in the 1st trimester or not at all. I've also had a few pains at the beginning of the week but they seem to have eased off.

I contacted my doctor and she recommended getting an appointment for a scan at 6 weeks but when I called the hospital they said the earliest they would see me was 8 weeks. I really don't want to wait that long but I am trying to forget about it just now.

As Laura says we will both have to wait and see whether we get m/s or not in the next couple of weeks. I see from your ticker we are roughly at the same stage of pregnancy :)

Keep smiling and stay strong

Sally :D

with my 1st prgnancy i was spewin mornin noon n night up until 34 wks!!! with this 1 ive bn sick... twice!!!! and both times i think was unpregnancy related cos had (excuse spelling and tmi) diarhorea 2

Hi

I've never had morning sickness before 6 weeks in any of my 3 pregnancies. To be honest, it gets to its peak at 7-9 weeks so maybe you're expecting it too early.

Also, as others have said, every pregnancy is different. It's not necessarily an indicator of a healthy pregnancy. I had a missed miscarriage with my first baby and had dreadful morning sickness. With Zara I had nausea but not so much sickness. This one is inbetween the two :lol:

I'm glad you're going for a scan because it should enable you to relax and enjoy your pregnancy more.

All the best! Louise

hi, I have terrible morning sickness at the moment and because of it was chatting to a friend at work today. She said that in her first pregnangy she was sick for about 14 weeks morning, noon and night.. on her second pregnancy she felt sick for one afternoon out of 9 months and for her last pregnancy she didn't get any morning sickness at all....

and all 3 babies were born are lovely and healthy...

try not to worry.... like the others have said .. each pregnancy can be so different.

take care

Hun I was one of a few of us that didn't have any sypmtoms...........but now I have the sickness :puke: it may just be a little while off yet, but there again, you may not get it, just coz you got it with your other pregnancy that doesn't mean you will get it with this one!

Good Luck with the scan hun xx

Try not to fret Sally. I was dreadfully sick from 4 weeks with DD, this one Ive felt sick on and off but nothing bad and no physical sickness. As the girls have said, each one is different :)

dont worry hun i have never suffered with morning sickness in my pregnancy but i have had sore boos and really tired:)

maybe you are having a different sex this time?

And like the others have said all pregnancies are different, try to enjoy your pregnancy, i have totally lost my appetite not fancying anything having waves of nausea but nothing major at all.

Try not to worry paula

Sorry for you unlucky ones that have got the dreaded m/s :hug:

This is my first pregnancy and ive had no morning sickness at all! The only thing that made me sick once was a fry up :cry: im 30 weeks pg now with a boy,my boobs are bigger but not sore!i still 2 this day have had no real symptons!i think im just getting punished with very bad stretch marks :oops: Aparntly i am just lucky! try and enjoy your pregnancy!good luck x x

i had morning sickness for about a week now i have none and its worrying me

dont worry becks you will be fine:) enjoy your pregnancy:)

that sounds normal, it is probably your uterus expanding for the baby, mine does it all the time:)

thats what gave me the idea about eptopic pregnancies i read it in that big pregnancy book u get in ur maternity pack

it is so easy to get down about all of the stuff that cud go wrong, i am the same but you will feel loads better if you just focus on the good stuff:)

i have my 1st scan on the 8th aug i will be ok once they say its ok lol

not long then, i have to admit i had a scare recently when the hospital thought i had gone in to early labour, turns out it was a water infection thank god!!! keep your chin up and if you need to talk then you know where i am :)

I haven't really had any morning sickness at all. This is my first pregnancy so I have nothing to compare it to. I've felt a bit nauseous at times and some smells make me feel a bit queasy but I've not had any actual sickness at all.

I found that the nausea and queasiness got worse the more tired I was, so I have made sure I get as much sleep as I can (whilst working full time). I make sure that at weekends I sleep whenever my body says it is tired.

Touch wood the nausea has stayed away. I was a little concerned about it too but I had my scan at 7 weeks 1 day and they found a good little heartbeat so I stopped worrying so much.

I have a great book that says only 80% of women suffer from morning sickness. Maybe you (and I) are in the 20% minority.

I hope you are reassured and please try not to worry too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back