No line/very very faint

Sprout

Reaction score
Hi,
I imagine I'll come across as pretty naive as I'm not even a week into TTC but OPKs have got me really paranoid! I'm on CD 13 and been testing since CD 10 and so far I've had (apart from the control line) no line whatsoever and then a very very faint line today...so faint I keep questioning if it's even there!

It's thrown me because I was expecting a faint line even when not ovulating and to have no line at all this far into the cycle is a bit worrying :/ I'm breastfeeding at the moment and despite having a regular period for 15 months I'm paranoid I'm not ovulating!

Is it fairly common not to have a line/very very faint line and to eventually get positives?!

Thanks!

How long are your cycles? Keep testing daily, I'm sure it will turn positive, you may just be ovulating late.

Don't stress about the faintness of the line. It's just positive when the test is darker or the same as the control line. It can be a bit confusing lol

Thanks MrsLaw, tested this morning and I can definitely see a line - very much negative but it's reassuring to see it get darker!
My cycles are between 28 and 30 days so I thought I'd have a positive now (CD 14)...but hopefully in the next few days!

First baby was a total surprise so this is all very new!

Last edited:
It seems to be different for everyone. I get a faint line most of my cycle and it usually gets gradually darker for 2 or 3 days before my positive but some women just get a positive with no warning.

Breastfeeding made my cycles irregular but I was still able to get pregnant 3 times while breastfeeding. Again it varies. Some women find BFing stops them from getting pregnant but a lot of women dont find it a problem. Often it takes 3 or 4 cycles for things to settle but if your cycles are regular it sounds like a good sign.

Thanks BunnyN, I got a positive yesterday and now we're back to hardly any line again today - so it does seem like I'm one of those "suddenly positive" women!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back