no idea what contraception to go with...

If you're breastfeeding and your period hasn't returned then the coil won't bring it back :D
When I had the mirena coil inserted when James was 1 it was fine being inserted, but I had horrendous cramps afterwards.
This time I had a copper coil and it was fine, hardly any cramps at all :D I think the mirena is slightly bigger than the copper so that may be why.
The only downside to the copper coil ive found is it makes my period heavier, longer and slightly more painful , but that won't be an issue for you.

This post is just what I was looking for, what to do for contraception! well I have decided to stop everything and take my chances LOL I really am feeling not well at all with this pill im taking, I started with the mini pill, I was breastfeeding on and off and had my periods every two weeks!!! Now I have switched to the combined pill as i've stopped breastfeeding and I feel allll of the terrible pregnancy symptoms without being pregnant ! I even think i am getting PND back. Well I have decided to stop taking the pill unless there is another option that suits me. DH hates condoms as well and I won't even think of a coil.
but can I stop taking the pill after taking it for 3 days only? or do I have to complete th 21 day course?

As far as I know you can stop the pill anytime i will just mean you won't be protected.

I have been on the mini pill for six weeks and have been bleeding almost most of the time :wall: I got my first period a week early, then continued to bleed on and off since and today looks like AF is back :wall: 18 days since the last one :roll:
I'll be stopping taking mine today.

I have no idea what i'll be using but the on off bleeding all the time is driving me mad.

i got the non-hormone coil fitted yesterday and it was just the same as getting a smear (i.e not painful but still horrible :evil: )

I use a Persona Machine.

You pee on a stick and put it in the machine and it flashes a red or green light, red means its not safe to have sex without protection and green is go ahead and jump, no protection needed.

Basically its telling you when you are ovulating, its pretty clever, I used it to conceive with and fell pregnant 1st month of trying.

You can buy them from boots and a pack of sticks is £10 and you need to use 1 pack a month so probably a bit more than jonny's but definitely worth it not having to fumble around and loose the moment trying to put a jonny on.

20% off at boots online at the mo http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... na&x=0&y=0

If you buy a starter pack it has everything you need for the 1st month

Charlie you are my angel LOOOL :hug:
Haven't even looked at this product yet, but Im sure this will suit me as i was planning, actually already ordered a bunch of cheapy OV sticks which aren't so accurate, was planning to use them this month but i will have a look now and order some, unfortuantely they will take a while to reach as im not in the UK :wall:

maldives said:
This post is just what I was looking for, what to do for contraception! well I have decided to stop everything and take my chances LOL I really am feeling not well at all with this pill im taking, I started with the mini pill, I was breastfeeding on and off and had my periods every two weeks!!! Now I have switched to the combined pill as i've stopped breastfeeding and I feel allll of the terrible pregnancy symptoms without being pregnant ! I even think i am getting PND back. Well I have decided to stop taking the pill unless there is another option that suits me. DH hates condoms as well and I won't even think of a coil.
but can I stop taking the pill after taking it for 3 days only? or do I have to complete th 21 day course?

Blimey.

I'd say yout OH needs to get past his issues with condoms at least for a few months so as to a) give your body a chance to get back to normal and b) so you don't get pregnant again so soon. You don't sound like your anything close to ready to become PG again and have another baby so soon after this one. You really need to give yourself a chance to adjust and for your PND to be really gone etc. Plus the strain it can put on your body to get PG so soon after giving birth isn't good. It takes about a year, if not more for your body to recover fully from pregnancy, labour and afterwards.

Contraception is for both people to accept responsibility for. If my OH said no to using condoms atm then he would not be having sex for sure! He might not like them but appreciates its not fair on me to have to be the one to be using the contraceptive atm. Sod me going on the pill or having a coil before my body and my mind are ready for it. But we don't want to have another baby so soon so he is doing his bit. We are both adults and responsible about it.

Sherlock said:
maldives said:

Blimey.

I'd say yout OH needs to get past his issues with condoms at least for a few months so as to a) give your body a chance to get back to normal and b) so you don't get pregnant again so soon. You don't sound like your anything close to ready to become PG again and have another baby so soon after this one. You really need to give yourself a chance to adjust and for your PND to be really gone etc. Plus the strain it can put on your body to get PG so soon after giving birth isn't good. It takes about a year, if not more for your body to recover fully from pregnancy, labour and afterwards.

Contraception is for both people to accept responsibility for. If my OH said no to using condoms atm then he would not be having sex for sure! He might not like them but appreciates its not fair on me to have to be the one to be using the contraceptive atm. Sod me going on the pill or having a coil before my body and my mind are ready for it. But we don't want to have another baby so soon so he is doing his bit. We are both adults and responsible about it.

yuh i kinda agree. We're doing that now, like it or lump it is my motto. lmao

well I do agree it's not fair on me to take pills..etc so what we're doing now is (no spermeis inside) lol if u get what i mean rather than condoms, but still not sure if it is 100% effective. ?

maldives said:
well I do agree it's not fair on me to take pills..etc so what we're doing now is (no spermeis inside) lol if u get what i mean rather than condoms, but still not sure if it is 100% effective. ?

I do :lol:

And no its not. Women can still get pregnant this way. You'd be amazed at how some of those little guys sneak out early and how far they can travel too :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back