no idea what contraception to go with...

Suzie and Faith

Reaction score
Coil - NO - hate the idea
Implant - i'm a wuss and the idea makes me :puke:
Pill - I got pregnant whilst on it!
Depo - never again
Condoms - I hate latex! (am allergic) and even non-latex condoms are horrible

I don't think there are any other options. Lol. Well apart from abstinance. Lol.

I guess it'll be condoms. Or else i'll end up with hundreds of babies...lol

I must admit the idea of the implant made me feel a bit :puke: too.
But however it was either that or the coil for me so i thought i would give it a shot.
Once she had numbed the area i didnt feel a thing, and now i completely forget i have it at all :)

what about the cap or diaphragm? spermicide etc?

I felt the same as you but ended up deciding on both the pill and condoms. I'm not taking any chances although DH is up for another. xxx

i'm on mini pill suzie, a bit rubbish though bc the hormones decrease my sex drive :wall:

bex, what does natural family involve?

also im sure there is a patch you can wear, a bit like a nicotine patch.

*Star* said:
also im sure there is a patch you can wear, a bit like a nicotine patch.

There is, I am on it. Although it works on the same principal as the pill, so if you got pregnant on that you may not wnat to trust it. I have just put post about it in Sarah and Bairn's thread in health and beauty.

I was going to get the implant put in before I left the hospital but I was so desperate to escape there that I left without getting it as the clinic wasn't on that day. I am planning to get my doctor to do it for me in a couple of weeks. Not exactly sexually active right now and I doubt I will be for a few weeks so what is the point in getting it done right now. Got stitches that need healing before I let Ewan anywhere near there! :rotfl:

sarafet said:
i'm on mini pill suzie, a bit rubbish though bc the hormones decrease my sex drive :wall:

How does natural family planning work?
Natural family planning works by observing and recording your body’s different natural signs or fertility indicators on each day of your menstrual cycle. The main fertility indicators are:

recording your body temperature
monitoring cervical secretions (cervical mucus)
calculating how long your menstrual cycle lasts.
Changes in these fertility indicators can help you to identify your fertile time. You can also use fertility monitoring devices

Edit to say - i need to get myself sorted as atm we're relying on me breastfeeding which i know isn't fullproof.

I also fell pregnant whilst on the pill but I am going to go back on it and just make sure I take the pil EXACTLY as explained- last time I wul miss a day or take a pill lae and then throw up in an alcohol induced fit (and sometimes I miss those days!?!! :doh: ) which didn't help. We are using condoms at the moment but did't use one the other night (DONT WORRY- took the MAP the next day!) and I'd forgotten how much better it felt! :oops:

I wanted the implant but decided against it as I read all the cons and personaly didn't feel like it was for me.

My doctor was trying to convince me to het the hormone coil but i don't fancy it.
I took the pill perfectly and still got preg! will use it again i guess!

Suzie and Faith said:
My doctor was trying to convince me to het the hormone coil but i don't fancy it.
I took the pill perfectly and still got preg! will use it again i guess!
Prehaps a different one to the one you were on before? :think:

kelsey said:
sarafet said:

How does natural family planning work?
Natural family planning works by observing and recording your body’s different natural signs or fertility indicators on each day of your menstrual cycle. The main fertility indicators are:

recording your body temperature
monitoring cervical secretions (cervical mucus)
calculating how long your menstrual cycle lasts.
Changes in these fertility indicators can help you to identify your fertile time. You can also use fertility monitoring devices

Edit to say - i need to get myself sorted as atm we're relying on me breastfeeding which i know isn't fullproof.

I suppose its a bit like trying to get pregnant only doing the opposite. It worked well for us inbetween Jess and Joe.

I had a mirena coil with hormones before ttc logie. It was brilliant not having periods, but the side effects were weight gain, spots and a non existent sex drive :doh:

Ive now got a non hormone copper coil, Im only on day 3 of my first period with it and its been fine so far except for more period pain than normal,

Im hoping to go see my doctor about contraception next week as want to have something in place straight away after bubs comes can't aford another accident :lol: I was fine on the pill for over 10 years then suddenly developed hormone problems as a reaction to the pill (possibly triggered by a missed miscarrage) I tried loads of different pills to same effect, implant and shot were too risky as same hormones in as pill so had the coil fitted after 2 weeks of agony that came out, DH hates condoms so they are only ever a very short term solution, eventually after exhusting all other options resorted to the diaphragm can't say I recommend it although I found it easy to use and used it correctly (to my knowledge) our baby is testiment to DH's super spermies fighting their way through :rotfl: Im really hoping that this pregnancy has kind of worked as a system reset and I will be able to go back on the pill with no further problems or I don't know what Im going to do!!!!

i got the implant put in but am now booked to have it taken out- reason being my sex drive has completely disappeared, and i am finding i get irritated by my OH- he never irritated me before and he's not doing anything different so im sure its the hormones. cant wait to get it out and see if i feel more myself again

Im going to get a non-hormone coil fitted hopefully

i got the hormone coil fitted yesterday.
It wasnt as bad as i had been expecting! - i got it fitted at the hospital, and was given Gas and Air!! - so didnt feel a thing, i just explained i was very nervous and they just went and got gas n air!!!!

Felt absolutly fine sinse - no pains or anything!! so far so good.

Got to go back in 6 weeks to be checked.

I'm now on day 6 of my first period with the non hormone coil and it's still very heavy. The cramps weren't as bad as I was expecting though, just hope it goes away soon!

is it really painful getting the coil in? im booked in for next tuesday.

will i still get a period if im bf'ing? i didnt get one when i had the implant put in

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back