• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nighttime bottle feeding every 2 hours

Hazel

Reaction score
During the day Connie will finish 120ml bottles and go 4 hours between them but at night she wakes every 2 hours and will only take 60ml before falling asleep again :wall: . Anything I can do about this? She sleeps all night just wakes for the bottles then straight back off again. Last night was 10pm, 12, 2am, 4am then 6am whan she decided she wanted to get up.

welcome to the wonderful world of babies! my son did exactly the same. thats just the way he was, nothing i could do until he grew out of it. Id say its prob a growth spurt. give her a week and she may go 3hrs in between but dont expect much more :( My friends LO only woke 3 times in the night from the start, i was so jealous! :evil: but babies will be babies :roll:

Only things i could suggest is just trying to wrap her tight in a blanket and snuggle her back off or a dummy? But honestly sounds like shes just being a newborn and wants feeding even if it is a pointless amount. hey look on the bright side at least she goes back down. ky would wanna be fed every 2hrs and then would be up crying or just wiggling on and off for hours through the night :sleep: I think he settled down for maybe 3 bottles through the night when he was 4months. he would change every week up til then. Good luck :hug:

We do get the occasional night of 10pm, 2am and 6am so I know she can do it. Funny saying about a growth spurt as she's got longer this week and I've had to put some clothes in the grown out of box.

I think if she would stay awake long enough to finish the bottle at night then she would go longer but it's just so exhausting being a baby :lol: .

what teat does she have in her bottles :think:

She's been on medium flow for a few weeks now.

Becky went through a phase of doing the same. Do you normally change her at night feeds? If she falls asleep try and change her or even gently tickle her feet to wake her a bit. If it doesn't wake her, don't worry, she probably needs the sleep more than food even though it's a shorter burst. It's great that she's going back to sleep straight away at night.

yeh teat flow seems right, you cant go any faster really at her age. i think shes just being a newborn sorry! ky use to take in tiny amounts. hes 9 months next week and he rarely drinks more than 5oz at a time now. daftscotlass is right your lucky she goes back to sleep!! give it a week and im sure she'll change her night habits again!

We've been very lucky that she goes straight back off to sleep again. Has done from a week old. Just so frustrating that during the day she does every 4 hours but at night she wakes so often. Going to try to give her 150ml at 11pm and see if that makes a difference.

since a week old your ARE very lucky :lol: good luck hope it works. give it another month it wont really bother you getting up so much you basically learn to do it in your sleep! :roll: where does your LO sleep, how do you make night bottles? sometimes you cant help what your LO's sleep habits are but you could make it as easy as possible for you to get a bottle made up quickly (and still asleep!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back