Feeding every 2 hours

Flame

Reaction score
I know its quite normal for a baby to breastfeed every two hours but surely for bottle feeding every two hours is to much? He seems to go through days of feeding every two hours and then back to three hours.

Yeah, Jake feeds between every 2 1/2- 4 hours but sometimes he does get hngry sooner

Do you give Leif a dummy? I give Jake one sometimes because he is just wanting to comfort suckle.

Yeah i give him a dummy, he tells me very loudly if i put that in and he wants food lol.

I know its quite normal for a baby to breastfeed every two hours but surely for bottle feeding every two hours is to much? He seems to go through days of feeding every two hours and then back to three hours.

Yeah, Jake feeds between every 2 1/2- 4 hours but sometimes he does get hngry sooner

Do you give Leif a dummy? I give Jake one sometimes because he is just wanting to comfort suckle.

Yeah i give him a dummy, he tells me very loudly if i put that in and he wants food lol.

Could it be the times he's going through a growth spurt?

hiya

Have you tried giving him the hungry baby milk Willow was put onto that at about 6 weeks cos she was hungrey all the time but couldn't handle as much milk as she wanted to take

Heather

The last time i managed to speak to a HV they said not to give him Hungry baby and the people in the chemist were useless, but i have been tempted to try it.

I dont think it is when he is having a growth spurt as it seems to be every other day really. Or is that possible?

that's strange Willow and Conal both went onto it early, not the follow on milk the second stage one i mean, i would try him hun just do it gradually when you first start one of first one of second for a couple of days so he doesn't get constipated.

Good luck

Heather

Matilda is the same she feeds nearly every 2 - 21/2 hours, I've upped her milk to 5oz but apart from during the night when she normally goes 4-5hrs it hasnt made any difference, I asked her doctor as I was worried and he said not to worry. I did wonder if it was because it's been so hot here that she needed more fluids but even if she has a bottle of water she still wants feeding. She is on a milk called 'MILUPA 1'.

Isaac used to feed every 3-4 hrs, taking 6oz hungrier baby formula, but he changed a little while ago, and went to every 2-3hrs, taking 4oz'ish, but he's just as happy and healthy, so as long as Leif's happy? Might be to do with the warmer weather, age, not sure but go back to your HV if you're still concerned, and YOU know what your baby needs, you can always try a different formula, if it doesn't work, stop it, our HV wasn't keen on the hungrier baby formula idea, but Isaac was very happy with it, much more settled :) very best wishes :hug:

Just tried him him on hungry baby formula and he just drank the lot in 15 mins :shock:

Have you tried giving him cooled boiled water in between feeds or maybe it's time to increase the amount of formula you give him?

George takes 6oz of formula now which I think is quite a lot as he is feeding every 3 - 4 hours. The HV said today not to increase it again just yet but to offer water instead. He also takes a dummy in between which is helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back