Night-time feeding advice needed ASAP!

Kat@girlracer

Reaction score
Ok Lucy is as happy as a lamb during the day - feeding & falling asleep & sleeping for 4 hours between feeds :dance:

However her 10-11pm feed onwards she does not settle at all - last night she had a 11pm feed a 1am feed a 3am feed - the 3am feed she demanded 2 bottles of 3 oz's & then finally she slept for 4 hours & at 7am she had a 4oz bottle & slept for a further 3 hours...

How can I get her to settle more at night? I have visitors over all day every day & i'm shattered!!!

Its now midnight & we fed her a 4oz bottle at 10pm & she's still awake & will whinge if you put her down - I can honestly see a repeat of last night :shock:

Am I doing everything right? Is this completely normal for a newborn?

Help! :(

hiya hun could you try givin her more milk at the 10pm feed ? :)

your doin a fab job hun :hug:

it sounds hun as if your prescious little lady has her days/nights topsy turvy, could you possibly try to keep her more awake during the day, stimulate her, gt close and show her things as she wont be able to see far yet, let her have a kick on a mat on the floor whilst talking to her and try cluster feeding her during afternoon/night before she goes down so that she has a full belly. try little and often, a few hours before bed.
As for visitors all day everyday its the last thing you need is people round all day, ask them if they dont mind not to be round all day tell them what time is suitable for you and if you dont want them round tell them you need a rest, also i know its hard but forget any housework you have, when LO sleeps get your head down, on her longest nap in the day, if she is sleeping for four hours its a perfect time for you to have a good nap. it will refresh you.
Unfortunately with a newborn baby they are the boss, theres no reasoning with them but there are simole things you can try, it ill come though where she will settle in more of a pattern you just have to go with it but there is light at the end of the tunnel i promise.
Congratulations too on your little girl. :hug:

I agree with alfiesmummy about the visitors, i know its great to have a new baby around and everyone is aww bless, let me see, i wanna hold etc etc, but you need your recovery time as well, i would limit the visitors, or make a time suitable for you, all day is a wee bit much..

Your doing a grand job huni, :hug:

Kat@girlracer said:
Ok Lucy is as happy as a lamb during the day - feeding & falling asleep & sleeping for 4 hours between feeds :dance:

However her 10-11pm feed onwards she does not settle at all - last night she had a 11pm feed a 1am feed a 3am feed - the 3am feed she demanded 2 bottles of 3 oz's & then finally she slept for 4 hours & at 7am she had a 4oz bottle & slept for a further 3 hours...

How can I get her to settle more at night? I have visitors over all day every day & i'm shattered!!!

Its now midnight & we fed her a 4oz bottle at 10pm & she's still awake & will whinge if you put her down - I can honestly see a repeat of last night :shock:

Am I doing everything right? Is this completely normal for a newborn?

Help! :(

im sorry to say this but jack was like this till 5 weeks :( he seemed to think night was day and day was night. it does get better tho :hug: :hug:

yeah luke was quite back to front and thought night was day etc. even now i'm / OH up with him at 5am and thats whatever time he goes to bed! just can't win!!

alice was the same. but she was the same in my belly. moved loads at night and less during the day. :roll:

My hv said to keep eye contact to a minimum, try and keep the room as dark as possible, and not to speak to alice too much. after a few weeks she was still waking for feeds, but going back to sleep a lot quicker after.

alice still wakes for feeds now, but she almost sleeps whilst feeding.

i used to 'restrict' my visitors to afternoons. that way i could sleep in the morning,

If you can try and feed her every 3 hours during the day, even if it means waking her, try to stimulate her during the day to keep her awake... and also at her last feed try feeding her as much as she will take....

hope it gets better hunny x

Hi hon,

The more you feed her during the day, the less likely she is to get up at night. Try feeding her every 2 1/2 to 3 hours, and see how you get on. I know its hard at the moment, but I promise you it does get so much better.

Remember to sleep when your LO sleeps, you need to have some rest too, not only so your body can heal but also because you are looking after yourself and your LO. Your visitors will understand that you need to have some rest so restrict all visitors to afternoons, if they must come earlier, ask them to help with chores or to bring some lunch for you, if they are good friends they'll be only too happy to help.

It will get better, I promise :hug:

Xxx

hun i know how you feel christopher is feeding 2-3 hourly night and day for last few days we are shattered xxxxxxx

hows the feeding going now Kat, is she settling better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back