Not finishing the bottle

Hazel

Reaction score
I posted recently about Connie not finishing her bottle before falling asleep and tried the no.2 teats as suggested. She was finishing them for a while but she has started doing the same again. Instead of increasing bottle size I'm having to add an extra bottle during the day as she falls asleep before finishing and is spending a lot of the time bugering about chewing the teat or staring at me smiling (which is very sweet but wish she would concentrate onwhat she is supposed to be doing :wall: ).

Wen I look at how much she's taken it's only about 30ml after 10 minutes so we end up sitting there for ages and eventually have to throw the bottle away as it's been out for too long.

I tried no.3 teats but she still didn't finish the bottle. During the day isn't too bad but night time is 11pm, 2am, 5am, 7am (when she wakes up). She's only taking about 30-60ml at each of these feeds.

They do have periods of faffing about so I would really just follow her lead. She's still only little - Becky was only taking up to 90ml at that stage and she would rarely finish a bottle either. Suddenly at around 12 weeks she was taking more and more and fussing less about it. We did try delaying her feeds a little (by 10 minutes or so) by distracting her. Didn't help us very much but might be worth a try for you? What kind of bottles are you using?

We try distracting her by going for a little walk or putting her on baby gym for a while so she goes for a little longer between bottles. When feeding I try not to talk as she stops what she's doing and looks at me, if we get eye contact she has a big smile on her face then there is no hope of her finishing the bottle :roll: .

she may not be a hungry baby kyran wasnt, by your LO's age he was feeding every 4-5hrs. sometimes longer apart, sometimes less. maybe wait a little longer inbetween feeds. or what i started doing was not feeding until he asked. I use to feed 3 hrs on the dot but he started doing the same as your LO. So i followed his lead and it worked better that way. I knew when he was hungry as he'd start sucking his fingers, soon as he did that it was bop bop time :)

As for night time, my LO was also the same but he got better as he got older. i think you'll just have to put up with it hun :hug: by the time shes 4 months im sure she'll be waiting longer at night

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Faith did this at about the same age! It is probably just a stage, i had to make up more smaller bottles and she would only take 60ml really at a time but it seemed like she was constantly feeding. i'm glad to report that she gradually started drinking more and we increased her bottles as she did and she can now drain a bottle in 15 min (6-7oz)

:hug: :hug: :hug: i know it's tough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back