Night Time!

LisaJ1986

Reaction score
Someone PLEASE tell me this is normal. For the past few nights Angel has been going to sleep around 8.30pm. She will sleep to around 12-12.30am. Then after that it's an absolute nightmare. She'll wake for a feed, fine. But then i'll put her back in her cot asleep, i'll lay back down, and she starts screaming again. Proper screams too. I'll leave her for as long as i can but in the end have to get her back out. She fall asleep pretty much as soon as i pick her up so i'll put her back in her cot. That's fine, she'll sleep for another hour or so. But then it starts again. I'll feed her, put her to bed, then instantly she'll start screaming again! I am now getting up with her 6 or 7 times from 12.30 til about 5am. At 5 i'll put her in bed with me where she will sleep til 8.30-9am!
I will not co-sleep all night as i'm too much of a rough sleeper. I'm bothered i'll either ping her out of bed or i'll not sleep at all for worrying about it!
I'm just exhausted. She'll only have a couple of naps in the day for about 10-15mins so i can't even catch up while she's sleeping!
I love her to bits but night time is driving me mad!

HELP!!!

is she getting enough milk from you or enough feeds throughout the day? I can help really as im bottle feeding and not clued up with breast feeding. Hope she settles for you soon - you must be exhausted :hug:

She feeds really well, especially at night. But does fall asleep on me. She has a solid tea too.
I'm desperate for a little bit longer in the night. She used to sleep through. I dunno what's happened.
OH is on standby tonight if she wakes straight after a feed. I just wish i knew what was wrong/

Emms has been like this the last few days and now a tooth is poking out!!! Has your bab got any nappy rash as well? Could be a tooth on it's way!!!

Could be teething or maybe a growth spurt perhaps - rough time for you though. :hug:

Could you co-sleep Lisa? I know you don't want to, but it sounds like you might need to co-sleep to survive the next wee while, just sleep with your boob next to her head and she'll latch on when she's hungry or for comfort - it does sound like teething or a growth spurt, so won't be forever.

Sorry, just re-read your message - I promise you you'll sleep safely with your baby next to you, its instinct.

Valentine Xxx

I may try co-sleeping. Just sightly bothers me. No nappy rash yet but i have felt raised bumps in her gums. I'm clueless with teething etc so i get panicky.

I am officially at the end of my tether!!!! It took us 2.5 hours to get her to bed and sleep last night! I put her down after a feed, fast asleep, before her bum even hits the bottom she screams! Pick her up she sleeps instantly! This went on and on. I got OH to take over as she always sleeps with him! Just as he thought he cracked it and walked away, she's awake screaming again!!! By the time he'd finished trying she wanted feeding again and went back down no problem!
I've noticed as soon as she's laid down she slams her feet around and wakes herself. I put her in a sleeping bag as i've washed it the passed few days, made no difference.

I've tried co-sleeping from bedtime but i hardly slept as i was bothered about her overheating/being crushed. I feel asleep with her in my arms at 3am this morning and didn't realise and she was dripping with sweat. But she is still a pain with feeding, she refuses to get it herself, just lays on her back screaming. I'll feed her but she'll keep rolling on and crying til she finally settles into it.
I'm exhausted! OH is exhausted! I just don't know what to do. Why has she all of a sudden started hating her cot? She'll lay there peacefully for a while when i get up in a morning?
I just don't understand how she knows in the deepest sleep that she's there? :think:

I'm sorry i can't offer any advice as i co-sleep with Cooper just thought i'd give you some hugs :hug: :hug: and hope it gets better for you xx ps i think the crushing of baby is more when baby is newborn really don't think you could crush Angel also with the overheating as long as you keep everything away from her, no pillows above her head, pop her in a growbag and keep duvet away from her she should be fine. ( altho i cover Coop up with duvet just to his chest :oops: ) I don't think i'd be alive now if i didn't co-sleep he still wakes up 3/4 times for a feed at night :roll:

is she uncomfortable? getting too hot? i change thomas blankets in the night he starts off with a thick one then i will wake up to turn the heating off in the night and put a thinner blanket over him as hes getting hot then,
maybe she egts uncomfortable ive put a cot duvet under his cot sheet to soften the matress for him this seems to help,
can she roll over yet? maybe put her to sleep on her belly she may not kick about so much then
:hug:
xx

This is where i'm struggling. She's not really a belly baby, but she is comfortable on her side, so i try putting her on her side when she's asleep. She only has a growbag (or one fleece blanket when it's in the wash) and she seems about right. She's usually fast asleep when we try her. I like the idea of something under her cot sheet, i laid her on her fleece blanket last night as she was in her growbag. It's just sometimes she barely has to touch her cot and she screams so hard. I've tried leaving her for a bit but she just gets worse.
I'm so tired.

hmm its tricky,
are you holding her untill she falls asleep cudling her?
maybe thats why maybe try getting her tired but putting her in the cot letting her cry for a couple minutes pick her up reasure her ect try again it may take a while but she will soon get used to going to sleep in her cot rather then on you as you are much more comfy then a hard mattress
worth a try maybe
xx

Yeah, we cuddle her to sleep first. Will have to have a go and putting her in tired again. She's not a very good sleeper even in the day. So i suppose it's a case of trial and error.
It's just getting a bit much now as it's through the night after feeds too.
Thanks for advice, will give it a go.

yer id definatly try getting her to sleep on her own as she is getting to the age where she is remebering if she crys enough you will pick her up and get her own way :roll: little monsters get far to clever to quickly, it wont be easy or the quick way out but once she is doing it herself you will have many long night sleep
:hug: :hug:
xx

Well, her eyes were starting to get a bit droopy, so just taken her up to bed. The second i laid her in the cot she was out like a light!!!
Thanks ever so much!

Well it started off too well!!! She went straight down, woke up 45 mins later. I rolled her back onto her side and patted her back and she went out again. Then another 45 mins later she woke for a feed, same as before, didn't wanna go in her cot so rolled her in her side and patted her back. 1am she woke for another feed and we were back to square 1! Screaming and crying. It got to 2am and i was in tears. OH took her and fell asleep with her til gone 3am, so i moved her back to her cot til she slept til 7am. Brought her in bed for a feed where she slept til i got up at 9, left her in bed with OH til 10 and she's happy now. I'm tired!!!

Going to go against my own thoughts and OH's by trying a dummy. Just for night time so it'll stay upstairs!

hi, im sory to hear what a bad time your having. grace went through the same thing from about 6 mths. she was waking every hour but not wanting milk. the dummy worked wonders. she only has it in bed (she still uses it now) when she gets up in morning she takes it out of her mouth and hands it straight over. bless her. she settled down over time and now sleeps about 11 hours. hope you find something that helps soon. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back