Night Time sleep

Countrybumpkin

Reaction score
The last two nights i have woken with sore boobs that need expressing to find that Ellie has slept for 5/6 hours. She is only 3 and 1/2 weeks old. Should i go with her sleeping that long, or should i set the alarm and make sure she has a feed within 3 to 4 hours??

After the first long period of sleep, nomally first half of the night she then returns to 3/4 hour feeds.

Please advice???

Don't have any experience of this - I wish Isla would sleep for more than 2-3 hours! But the mw did say to me that she should be woken after 4 hours to feed.

I would say enjoy it!! If Ellie gets really hungry she will wake up!
Or it might be worth trying dreamfeeding?? I haven't tried it yet cos Lizzie doesn't sleep that much, but it sounds like a good solution because it doesn't disturb baby so much and you can have more sleep.

I asked my HV about this, if she is putting on weight fine.. then you dont need to wake them up. enjoy the sleep!

Don't wake her, Toby did that, and got into a routine of going a full night soon after, enjoy it :)

I used to express first thing and got a good freezer full :flower:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoy it Hun! if she's gaining weight ok id leave her to it. Tegan started doing that when she was about 4 weeks old and now at 10 weeks she is sleeping from about 8.30pm till about 5.30am! xx

thank you ladies.
I will Ellie weighed on Tuesday and check with hv. That is 3 night she has now done this.

You lucky thing! My demon is back to taking 2 hours to settle. He's feeding every 3 so I'm looking like a zombie again! Enjoy it.

Enjoy it!!!! Wish mine would go that long without demanding food at the top of his lungs :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back