Long periods of sleep

Magic Monkey

Reaction score
I am defintely not complaining, but last night Ella fed at 5.45 (4 1/2 oz) fell asleep at about 9 and then slept really deeply until 12 when we woke her for a feed. She took 5oz then slept again until 6. Is ahe getting enough food if she is sleeping for this long, or should we be trying to wake her/getting her to take more when she does feed?

All day today she has taken between 4 and 5 oz every 3 hours or so.

My baby started sleeping through 12+ hours at 6.5/7 weeks old when we introduced a bedtime routine (slept from approx 7pm to 7am) and was and is absolutely fine so I really wouldn't worry. She was breastfed though so I couldn't tell you how much she took per feed - just loves her sleep!

I wouldn't wake her - I promise you she won't starve.

Valentine Xxx

The last 3 nights ryan has been the same he will have milk at around 10 then sleep till 5-6am so i wouldnt worry if they were that hungry i suppose they would wake up! lol but my mum said when i was a baby i slept right through the night at 5 weeks!

my Emily does not eat.. ! she just isnt interested.. she probably takes between 90-120 mls every 4-5 hopurs.. and thats if i force it. If i leave her, its like every 6-7 hours she wants feeding.
Ive been so so wsorried too.. but i keep getting her weighed and she is gradually putting weight on, so as long as she does that im not 'overly' worried.

Thanks, I definitely think she is building up to sleeping through the night, she seems to be feeding lots and often during the day and when I add up how much she has had, she is taking the recommended amount over 24 hours.

rachelandjarvis said:
my Emily does not eat.. ! she just isnt interested.. she probably takes between 90-120 mls every 4-5 hopurs.. and thats if i force it. If i leave her, its like every 6-7 hours she wants feeding.
Ive been so so wsorried too.. but i keep getting her weighed and she is gradually putting weight on, so as long as she does that im not 'overly' worried.

My Hv suggested that we keep track of the amount that Ella takes over 24 hours, rather than the amount in each feed. They should take 2.5 - 2.7 times their weight in pounds, so Ella is 10 pounds ish so should take 25 - 27 ozs. (Sorry if you know that already!)

Isla has slept straight through for 10 hours since she was 4 weeks old. She is now 10 weeks and is still in her routine. She tends to have two feeds in quick sucession when she wakens though which I suppose is her making up for lost time. Just let your baby sleep, s/he will waken when ready!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back