sleeping too much?

loobylou

Reaction score
I know this might be a silly question and there will be some mums out there who will probably think what am I even worried about, but for the past two nights my 8 week old has slept for 9 hours at night without waking for a feed and I'm wondering if this is too long at her age? She feeds every 3 hours during the day and up until two nights ago she would only ever go 4/5 hours at night (6 was her record). I'm bottle feeding and she's on 6oz at the moment. Last night I fed her at 8.30pm and put her to bed and she didn't wake till 5.30am. I fed her and put her back down and it's now nearly 9am and she is still sound asleep. Sorry if this post grates on anyone whose LO is not sleeping but this is my first baby and I'm just not sure that she should be sleeping so long at night-time. She had her first immunisations yesterday which has made me a little more worried too. Could people let me know how long their 8 week old babies do/did go in the night between feeds? Thanks.

Seems to me she's fine - lucky you :dance: The thing is that a lot of babes are very sleepy the day or a few days after their jabs, so dont worry and enjoy some quality sleep!!!
:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

willow slept through from 6 weeks for 10 hours and has done ever since.
enjoy the sleep and long may it continue :pray:

I had a similar problem but I think Dan was about 4-5 months. He would sleep for up to 12-14 hours! :shock:
Enjoy it while it lasts, because he now gets up at 7am!

Thanks for your repiles! It seems maybe I am lucky and am worrying over nothing. You know what it's like tho when they do something out of their normal routine-you just have to question it don't you?

yeah totally, its only natural for you to worry :hug:
I came on here and asked the same thing when Dan was doing it!
Wish he still was though :rotfl:

Mmm spoke too soon we were back to the 5 hour stints during the night last night-little madam!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back