Bottle feeding 3 month old question.

xkikix

Reaction score
Hey girls,

my little angel has been sleeping thru the night for a few weeks now. From 8.30pm til 7.30am. When his last feed\was at 11pm he'd have 5 feeds 7oz a day about every 4 hours. Now he's sleeping more I dont understand what/when to feed him. If I still try to get 5 feeds in a day - as per the tin for his age, I'm feeding him 3 hourly, and he always leaves 2oz. If i leave him 4 hours then he will only be having 4 feeds a day, surely this isnt enough. he doesnt seem to be physically able to take more than 6-7oz in one go. I even tried to keep him awake longer last night but he just falls asleep.

am loving all this extra sleep tho xxxxx

Go with the flow I say! He would soon let you know if he wanted more and if he's putting on weight there is nothing to worry about. Becky only takes more feeds during the day (3 hourly) because she is sick quite often. Don't worry about what it says on the tin - he'll take what he needs and if he's content with it, don't worry.

Enjoy the extra sleep! :hug: :hug:

Phoebe has 5-6oz 5 times a day. But recently she could have cut out another feed too if I'd let her. I don't feel she'd be having enough then, and she'd also wake up for it if I left her I would have thought. She's started going to bed at 6.15 :shock:

My HV reckons they should have 2.5oz per pound that they weigh a day. So for Phoebe that would be 32.5oz!!! She probably more has about 27ish. All babies are different and need different amounts of milk.

I'd only worry if he stops putting on weight :hug: :hug:

Evie has 5 6-7oz bottles a day- her last feed is around 10pm (dreamfeed her) and she wakes around 7.30/8 every morning x

I used to offer it to him every three hours, even if he didn't have it all he then had the option if he wanted it. The others are right though, your baby will let you know if they want more.

i was exactly the same about a month ago.he used to take 5 5-6oz bottles a day but i noticed the last feed about 11ish he didnt wake up so i would wake him and then he would be too sleepy and only take a few ounces and at this age it probably isnt good to wake a sleeping baby if putting on weight.so i left out the last feed and had a jiggle about with the feed so his last bottle is about 8 ish now. he now has 4 7oz bottles but doesnt usually have the full 7 oz. i think once they are sleeping through it can be impossible to give 5 feeds sometimes. i feed him every 4-5 hours during the day. xx

I'm exactly the same, my lo is 14 weeks old and weighs 11lb so was worried she stiill needs her milk but she wasnt fussed with taking the 11pm feed so we left it out and she sleeps normally from 7pm-6.30/7am, however now she only has 4 feeds a day of 5oz normally but she is putting weight on and is a happy baby so i think thats all that matters

Thanks for your advice and reassurance girlies. I know I should go with my baby and not take too much notice of the tins but I like to feel he's getting enough.

He is gaining weight but he is still quite light, last week he was 12lb15oz which considering he was 8lb6oz at birth i'd be happier if he was a little heavier. But last week he gained 14oz in one week so i'm not too concerned xxxxx

im having the same issue with thomas aswell as he sleeps right threw the night i dont want to wake him for food but today he was only drank 595mls when he should be having more like 730mls due to him only having 4 bottles today,
but im not too worried as tomorrow he might take in 800mls
id say just go with your baby hun dont force him to feed if he doesnt want it they will let you no if they do :)
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back