Night feeds and af

kumber

Reaction score
Did you notice a correlation between stopping night feeds and af coming back? At 7 months we are still boobing in the night and are boobing between 8 and 10 times in 24 hours. Af still hasn't come back and we are keen to try for another. I'm starting to get impatient and frustrated with my body!

I had my first period the same month my daughter dropped her night feed (10 months old), although I didn't have another for a few more months and we didn't start trying right away so I don't know when I was actually fertile. You could just try and see if it happens x

I know they say that you are more likely to get AF back when night feeds reduce less than 4 or 6hrly.

I can't say I noticed though.

Mine came back 1 week short of 17 months and she was actually going through a phase of wanting to stay latched on all night right around that point (but maybe actual feeding had reduced).

But she had started walking about the week before and I later read somewhere that AF can tie in with when they start to walk as well, which it did for us lol.

Oh, also similar experience to Maud in that after my first AF my next one didn't show for around 51 days, and again the third AF came 51/52 days after the 2nd, then I went to a normal regular cycle length.

Last edited:
My af returned at month 5 and I was still feeding twice a night :)

Thanks girls, this is both enormously helpful and unhelpful :lol: I don't think I've ever wanted a period this much in my life!

My periods didnt start till lo was 14 months old, you still ovulate while bf and no periods so good luck xx

I think my periods started to come back at around 7 months when I was still doing a lot of BF (only started weaning at 6.5 months).

Good luck with TTC x

Mine didn't come back until I'd completely stopped feeding but I was ovulating but not regularly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back