Niamh's reflux is back :(

(Bex)

Reaction score
We had just managed to stop using reflux medicine and now its back worse than ever.
Niamh had been waking upto 15/20 times a night, screaming and appearing to be choking, i thought she her tongue was the problem but over the weekend she started to be sick again. I found some gaviscon in the back of the cupboard yesterday and we only had to get up 3 times last night. After 2 weeks of no sleep we went to the docs today (who didn't have a clue) but gave us some more gaviscon. Rang Birmingham hospital and they are certain its the reflux back again, although its unusual for a 1 year old to be still suffering. I'm just praying we might get some sleep now

Oh no, I seen the clip you took when she was having an attack its awfull, poor little thing and you must be exhausted! I really hope they get to the bottom of it soon :hug: x

Aww I'm sorry to hear this :( I hope she gets rid of the reflux soon xx

:( Poor little love, it is an awful illness.

My son had it and his never got better until he was 15-16 months, he was very bad :(

I think Niamh might benefit more from Ranitidine, I didn't find Gaviscon very good tbh.

Oh also have you maybe introduced something new in her diet? It can be sparked of with new foods.

Anyway hope you all get some rest soon xx

We go to see the paediatrician again on friday (luckily!) and its him who has to prescribe anything other than gaviscon. She used to have domperidone, omeprazole and gaviscon. Have heard of Ranitidine but we haven't tried it. Niamh's still on the same old boring puree's the only new things she's had over the past few weeks is malted milk biscuits, cheese and chocolate (not all at the same time!!) but to be honest i think more comes down her nose than she actually swallows!

Bless her. Poor little mite, hope they prescribe you some other meds to control it again. I have it as an adult so know what a nightmare it is :hug: xx

Oh no hun :( So sorry to hear this, and I know how awful it is when they get it bad.

You know you can buy infant gavison over the counter? Think it's about £3. Just in case you get caught out and need a 24 hour pharmacy.

Poor little mite, i hope you get it sorted for her. There's nothing worse than seeing your baby suffer :hug: xx

Oh, poor, poor baby :-( I do hope they can hlp her on Friday. Thinking of you all x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back