Reflux

Lynsey

Reaction score
Jacob is suffering really badly from reflux. It has been confirmed by the doctor and we have a prescription for infant gaviscon which I have just started using.

I just wondered if anyone had any experience of this and if there were any tips to make him more comfortable? I always put him to sleep on his side with his moses basket tilted so he is never flat on his back. Is there anything else I can do? Also, does anyone know how long babies have it for or is it until you introduce solids?

My poor little man is really suffering :(

Harrison has reflux & is on Infant Gaviscon, i make sure he's sat upright for atleast half hour after his bottle. My HV aid his reflux wont go untill he's more mobile but solids will calm it down a bit

hi

my daughter who is 9 weeks has this and i changed her milk to SMA Staydown. It works really well. It is thicker milk so stays down easier. You cant get it in Boots by ordering or their website and if it works, you can get it on prescription.

hope that helps.

Hannah x

Harley had reflux he was never in pain with it but a nightmare how much he was sick. it went when he was 4months

Dior had acid reflux and cryed 24/7 and was in soooooo much pain. she would only sleep upright on my sholderit went when she was 6months

but my firends baby is 1 and still has it. it varies with each child.

i had it as a baby and had the operation to close my gullet (madi's hevs baby had it too)

dionne said:
Harley had reflux he was never in pain with it but a nightmare how much he was sick. it went when he was 4months

Dior had acid reflux and cryed 24/7 and was in soooooo much pain. she would only sleep upright on my sholderit went when she was 6months

but my firends baby is 1 and still has it. it varies with each child.

i had it as a baby and had the operation to close my gullet (madi's hevs baby had it too)

I have Acid Reflux at the moment, its horrid :( used to have reflux as a baby

Thanks everyone. I am breast feeding at the moment but the doctor has advised me to introduce a bottle of formula just before bed to help Jacob sleep (and me!). I will look into SMA staydown. I bought Cow & Gate comfort for tonight's feed. Has anyone used this formula with reflux?

I wonder if it is connected with them being premature? Jacob was 6 weeks early and I know Dionne's babies were and Hev's madi was too.

Leorah is always sick after every feed and sometimes hours after. I never investigated if its reflux because i am BF and didn't want to use formula (she can't have soy or cows milk anyway) and as it doesn't seem to bother her and her weight gain is ok so I haven't had to worry about it. She was also just over 3 weeks early. I have read that reflux and milk intolerances are more common in early babies because they are born with very immature digestive systems. I can't wait for the day when i am not constantly changing her clothes and she can go without a bib and I have sick free clothes myself :lol:

I do hope the gaviscon works because it's a different story if they are in pain :hug:

Rowan has it badly, we use gaviscon infant but he's still on SMA gold, never thought of changing his feed to a thicker one, I'm defo going to look into this.
Also have found if he has a bad bought of reflux using Teetha powders from Boots/Tesco can help calm him down and reduce the burning. Guess because its a herbal powder it sticks to the mouth and throat better.

My little girl has reflux too, we were given infant gaviscon and ranitidine to calm the inflamed stomach down. She has this 3 times a day and the infant gaviscon at other times. I always give the medicines before I breastfeed and they seem to have worked so far.

She still fusses when she feeds, but at least she isn't crying whilst feeding.

we've also tilted her cot at the head and keep her upright for 1/2 sn hour after feeds. I do hope it goes soon as she hates the gaviscon.

Xxx

Thanks everyone :hug: The gaviscon seems to be working and he doesn't seem to mind the taste so we shall keep it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back