Reflux

Princess_Puddles

Reaction score
I had to take Harrison to the Doctors again today (Had to take him on Tues as well due to eye infection) as he was up half the night with a chesty cough & all flemmy, the Doc listened to his chest & said he's fine :wall: but whilst we were there he said Harrison has a touch of Reflux after i explained he's bringing up milk up to two hours after his bottle, he's been given gaviscon sachets and i was just wondering if anyone has used them before & do they really help?

i used them for Harley, they make the milk a bit thicker so once its into their stomach it thickens faster so its not so easy to being up. but with Harley it just caused him pain, if the sick needed to come then i rather it did.
if its not affecting his weight try not to worry its hassel with all the sick but it does pass. Harleys stopped at 5months

Thanks for the reply, I put one in his bottle this evening hasn't worked yet as he's brought loads back up again but think i'm gonna give it a few days & see, if it doesnt work then like you said if the sick needs to come up then let it

does he cry in bad pain with it?

Dior had acid relux which is where it comes up real think and they are in bad pain with it it was a nightmare she would not sleep unless she was upright

Sometimes he does really cry & then alot comes up really watery & others he just pulls a face & big lumps come up :puke: but after hes been sick he normally whinges a bit bless him

Arianna had reflux when she was born and she was given the gavescon.... it did take a week to settle but it worked a treat!

S. xx

hi hon,

my little one has reflux and we are giving her gavescon and another nedicine to soothe the inflammation.

I hate to see her in pain. The gavescon def works for her. I do hope one day she'll grow out of it.

Xxx

We found with Charlie that the Gaviscon gave him really bad stomach ache so we looked around and found a forumla milkf called SMA Staydown which has a natural thickener and have used it since he was 12 weeks old!
Its a bit of a pain to make up cos it needs to be refridgerated water and rolled not shook in the bottle to mix but it made alot of difference. We bought a tin from Boots then mentioned it to our HV who arranged for it to be put on repeat prescription from the GP so we have a box of 6 tins at a time!

Princess_Puddles said:
I had to take Harrison to the Doctors again today (Had to take him on Tues as well due to eye infection) as he was up half the night with a chesty cough & all flemmy, the Doc listened to his chest & said he's fine :wall: but whilst we were there he said Harrison has a touch of Reflux after i explained he's bringing up milk up to two hours after his bottle, he's been given gaviscon sachets and i was just wondering if anyone has used them before & do they really help?
Jakob is the same hun and he has the gaviscon and its got much better! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back