Newborn temperature 38.5 - in hospital with Cameron

berit87

Reaction score
Has anyone got experience? Cameron 8 days old today. Yesterday I noticed he got really red and hot. Called the ward, they told me to go to a&e. Sent to the Royal Alexandra Children's hospital. The most horrrrrrrrendous night of my life! He got given paracetamol. Then they poked him 8 times to get his bloods as his veins are so small. Then they had to take fluids from his spine. I have never heard a baby scream like that - literally broke my heart :-( now he is on antibiotics. Bloods came back fine, they just wanna give antibiotics to get rid of any infection he might have. Or it might be just a cold. I hope it is. Will have to be in the hospital until Saturday at least when they finish the antibiotics treatment. Just wanna take my baby boy home to his little brother x

:hugs: oh hun,, im sorry you have to go trough this with little cameron :hugs:
i hope he is feeling better soon and that its just a cold

Aw hon! Hope he's ok x big hugs x

Thanks for your support girls! We got discharged from the hospital yesterday afternoon after him being on antibiotics for 48h. All results came back negative so it was just a virus/cold. But if you are ever unsure make sure you always call your surgery/NHS Direct/a&e as babies conditions can change so rapidly.
Its good to be home again and start our new life properly! :) xx

Awww hun glad you're both home :hug: how scarey :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back