Bronchiolitis Again

Emma58

Reaction score
I have just taken Sam back to the doctors as his cough has got no better over the last week. He said he has Bronchiolitis and has prescribed antibiotics for him :(

I have to take him back in 5 days if he is no better.

:hug: :hug: :hug: I hope he gets better soon.. :( Lil miss has been given a steroid inhaler and seems to be getting much better.. have you tried that?

Squiglet said:
:hug: :hug: :hug: I hope he gets better soon.. :( Lil miss has been given a steroid inhaler and seems to be getting much better.. have you tried that?

I asked about that but the GP didn't seem to hear me :wall: I have got to give him Amoxycillin for 5 days. I'm :pray: that shifts it. My HV said yesterday though about an inhaler also, wonder if i should go back and ask another GP about one?

Doctors have got really iffy about giving antibiotics here now... so she never bothered to offer us any and we went straight to inhalers.. Broncilolitis is the inflammation of the small airways caused by an infection. But it can persist after the infection which is probably why hes been giving antibiotics to get rid of the infection, and then after that they will give inhalers to reduce the inflammation. :think: :think: :think: fingers crossed though he won't need inhalers its a nightmare..

Getting the medicene down him his bad enough I dread to think how I'd manage to give him an inhaler. I never knew a child could clamp their mouth shut so tightly!

It looks like the anti biotics are working already, he slept right through last night from 7.30pm until 7.30am this morning :dance: . He hasn't done that for weeks.

Only downside is i think the antibiotics have given him explosive nappies :puke:

what are the symptoms for this? Imogen has had a cold over the last two weeks and the last week she has had a bad cough, waking from sleep in pain and having coughing fits. I thought I could hear it on her chest and in her back as she breathed and sounded wheezy but doctor said she was fine, it was just congestion. As she doesn't have a temperature and is playing OK etc. he said she didn't need medication. That was 2 days ago.. TBH my gut feeling was that it was something more than just a cough/cold. Today I took her back to same doc and said it was not shifting and was much worse at night. He prescribed amoxicillin but made it clear he didn't think she needed it ??????? Er...why prescribe it...shut me up??? !! I thought maybe he was too proud to admit he might have been wrong before - he was quite stand offish.
She is asleep now, but I will be getting the medicine when she wakes and hopefully it will help.

Our poor babies, hope your little ones perk up soon. x x

Beatlesfan said:
what are the symptoms for this? Imogen has had a cold over the last two weeks and the last week she has had a bad cough, waking from sleep in pain and having coughing fits. I thought I could hear it on her chest and in her back as she breathed and sounded wheezy but doctor said she was fine, it was just congestion. As she doesn't have a temperature and is playing OK etc. he said she didn't need medication. That was 2 days ago.. TBH my gut feeling was that it was something more than just a cough/cold. Today I took her back to same doc and said it was not shifting and was much worse at night. He prescribed amoxicillin but made it clear he didn't think she needed it ??????? Er...why prescribe it...shut me up??? !! I thought maybe he was too proud to admit he might have been wrong before - he was quite stand offish.
She is asleep now, but I will be getting the medicine when she wakes and hopefully it will help.

From what you have described I would say it sounds like Bronchiolitis. Sam has been really wheezy and his chest is constantly rattling. His cough sounds awful :(
Sam has only had the medicene 24 hours and he has improved slightly already.
Hope your LO feels better soon

Beatlesfan said:

From what you have described I would say it sounds like Bronchiolitis. Sam has been really wheezy and his chest is constantly rattling. His cough sounds awful :(
Sam has only had the medicene 24 hours and he has improved slightly already.
Hope your LO feels better soon

ryan had it last winter and been on anitbiotics 3 times so far since october. He's also been given an inhaler which seems to be helping. hope he feels better soon :hug:

Logan had this a few days ago, he sounded like an old man. The doctor said he didn't need antibiotics though and he seems a lot better now. I hope Sams feeling better too :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back