Help.... advice please! **UPDATED**

Full of hope!

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just after a bit of advice! Jacob has been poorly for over two weeks with a bad cold, sore throat and chesty cough. I've had him to the emergency doctors twice (once on a Sunday then a Tuesday night). The first time the doctor thought it was a viral infection and gave us a prescription for antibiotics to get a few days later if he got worse. Anyway, he did get worse but hubby said he wanted him checking out again before we gave him the antibiotics as they is no point pumping him full of antibiotics if it was a viral infection. So we went back to the doctors again and this time he had a high temperature of 38.4 which I couldn't get down! The doctor still thought it might be viral but said as he had got worse he should have a short course of antibiotics just in case.

So after 5 days of Amoxicillin he did improve, he started eating well again and his chest sounded better. Last night however he was up crying most of the night (which is not like him) and he's got a high temperature again :( His chest still sounds rattly! Do you think I should get him into see our GP today? Hubby said just see how he goes :? I'm worried the doctor will think i'm a neurotic mother but his high temp is concerning me. It was 37.6 after Calpol this morning :(

What would you ladies do?

I'd take him and stuff what the doc thinks. Mother's do worry and thats what we're entitled to do. Hope he feels better soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

If he's finished (or nearly finished) the antibiotics then I'd go back to the doctor. You know when you child isn't well and there's a lot to be said about mother's intuition. It's your job to worry and if the doc is worth his salt he'll listen to you!

Thanks ladies, your right! I'm going to ring the doctors at 9 when they open. Hopefully i'll get him in! I'll let you know how we get on :hug:

I got Jacob into the doctors this morning and the poor little man has a chest infection! :( He's on a different antibiotic for 5 days now. Our doctor was lovely, i'm so glad I asked you ladies your advice. I should really trust my own judgement though :wall: , I knew there was something wrong!

Thanks again :)

Glad to hear the doc was lovely and now he's on some specific antibiotics he should be on the mend soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back