Newbie to site

Bagpuss1976

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I took a test on Saturday and it was positive. Had mc in October at 9 weeks which stupidly I wasn't expecting (had first son with no problems). Very worried that it might happen again (can't stop worrying actually). Great site to come on and see what's going on with everyone else.

Wanted some advice if possible. Before I found out I was expecting I was training for Sport Releif mile. I was doing 1 min run, 1 min walk etc. and I wonder if its OK to continue. Supposed to be running a mile 16th March and was really enjoying training but don't want to risk any harm. Not much on t'internet about it really so any thoughts would be great.

Thanks

Hi Bagpus,

Congratulations on your pregnancy and sorry to hear about your loss last year. I had a loss last year after previously having two children, but am pregnant again now, and so far so good.

The first few weeks are a very worrying time, especially when you've had a m/c - it does get a bit easier though, after you get past certain milestones (the no. of weeks that you lost last time, 12 weeks, the 20 week scan etc etc). Would like to wish you all the very best.

As for the 1 mile run, I really don't know much about that kind of thing as it relates to pregnancy. It is likely very much down to how you feel as long as you take it easy but it may be worth having a chat with your doc, or at least the NHS Direct about it. Maybe, if you don't feel up to it, you could consider walking the mile but it's worth speaking to someone who knows a bit more about it.

All the best

Thanks Daisy

I'm sorry to hear about you loss also. It is reassuring to know that you are not alone in our thoughts and worries though! I think its because I only found out on Saturday - its dominating my every thought! Still my little one keeps me busy!

Good idea about calling NHS Direct. I'll ring them later. I'm not due to see my GP for another few weeks so that's ideal really.

Take care & best of luck

Hi there,
Im so sorry to hear about your loss like others I had two consecutive losses but preggie again now and seems to be going really really good :)

Is there a possibilty you could maybe walk the whole race? I know thats not as fun but they say during preggy time you should not over excert yourself (or do excercise where you can talk during).

Im unsure how many weeks you are so will assume ur roughly 4 or 5 now so also be weary in the next few weeks you will need your energy as bubba makes you tired and want to bed down early...

hugs :hug:

Hi there and a warm welcome!!!! Congratulations on your pregnancy hun!!!

Hi All

Thanks for all of your support and advice guys. What a difference a wek makes! Last week all I could think about was the terrible loss that happended in October. This week I feel a bit more positive (and healthy). I'm having good signs (like going for a wee lots and feeling sick and tired). Feel a bit achy after I've walked and I've decided I will walk the race for sport releif. Obviously I haven't told work yet so its a bit embarrasing but hey ho.

Speak soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back