Newbie, looking for advice!

MrsM2016

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times but I'm new to this & looking for a bit of advice. I don't really have anyone to speak to regarding TTC to nice to have this group!

I got married in September 2016 and stopped all BC then. I want to get pregnant so much I don't know if It's playing with my mind? Anyway I have been following my TTC app to the letter and ovulated Sunday 6th Nov - a few days later I had so many symptoms which lasted about 5 days, including sore breasts, nausea, stomach cramps, absolutely shattered and so on. These started to fade, I thought I came on on Wednesday 16th Nov and had a fairly light brown period which lasted for 2 days and now it has completely stopped - no symptoms present now. I did a pregnancy test this morning just incase (19th Nov) and it's a BFN / what could be going on? I'm worried that my mind is playing games and messing with my period - is this even possible!?!?

Thanks in advance xxx

It can take sometime for your body to regulate after coming off the pill. I didn't ovulate until about 3/4 months after coming off last time and I had some random bleeding in the first few months. Or the brown could be implantation bleeding? The dates would match up if you ovulated when your app says you did. I'd wait another few days and test again with a high sensitivity test. Good luck! Xx

Welcome to the forum, after BC it take a while for your cycles to become regular, normally you ovulate 14 days before your period is due. (So based on the date of your last period you should double check by going back 14days and see if your app predicted the right ovulation day)
For this cycle did you use ovulation tests ? Or take your morning temperature ? Or note EWCM cervical mucus? Do you know what exact date you ovulated. Normally you can test with a FRER pink line test 12 days after you've ovulated & in most cases it would show a BFP. The spotting on Wednesday could be implantation bleeding (this normally happens 6 to 9 days after ovulation.)
Hopefully this cycle works, let us know how you get on.

If I'm honest, I didn't really think about my periods regulating years after being on the pill, i think I was lucky the first 2 months that my periods regulated straight away - but I'm sure my body is still adjusting! I did an ovulation test - and it was positive. I didn't expect to get pregnant anytime soon but the symptoms tricked my mind into getting my hopes up unfortunately. I do worry that I'm overthinking everything & it's playing with my body.xx

Sorry just saw you said 6nov so period would be due tomorrow, so spotting last Wednesday would be 10dpo so could be implantation spotting, what type of test did you use this morning?

Yep it was 6th Nov that I got it, that was a cheap home bargains ovulation test.

The PG test that I used this morning was a Tescos own brand, did it with the first urine of the day. All my symptoms have gone now, could that mean it was all in my head?

Sorry I'm so pessimistic lol! Xx

Copied from top of the forum

IC's usually 10 mIU/ 25 mIU (although this is questionable!)
One step High sensitivity - 10 mIU
Superdrug - 10 mIU
First Response Early Response - 12.5 mIU
Sainsbury's own - 15 mIU
Tesco own - 25mIU
Asda cheapies - 25mIU
Boots own brand - 50 mIU
Clearblue Digital - 50 mIU (CBD with conception indicator is 25mIU *** I checked CB digital with conception indicator and it is actually 10mIU

Tescos own brand doesn't seem to be very sensitive, if testing early it's better to test with a 10mIU test (on the box did it say you could test before period is due?)

You don't imagine symptoms it's just most early pregnancy symptoms match pre-period symptoms so it's pretty confusing.

Hopefully you get a BFP sending you lots of baby dust :dust:

Yea thats true I can imagine they are very similar to pms symptoms! I was due on today (from my 2 previous regular periods) that's why I took the Tesco one today as it said from the day your period is due. So starting on Wednesday was slightly early anyway, so now I am completely confused with timings lol. I think I may buy a more sensitive test today and see what happens, I should probably wait & see what happens but I am far too impatient!

Ah thank you lovely, fingers crossed - xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back