Newbie here... opk help please

babyhopeful

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I should introduce myself first as I'm a newbie to the forum...I am in my late 20's, got married last aug and me and hubby have been thinking abt a baby for a while now. I had been taking microgynon for 8yrs but finished at the beginning of July this yr.

Started TTC as soon as I finished last pill cycle but haven't had AF since so don't have a cycle yet as such

I decided to try the CB digi opk sticks about 2 weeks ago, just to see if I am ovulating at any point, had nothing until this morning when I got my first smiley face...yay!! I got home from work and pee'd on another stick...smiley face gone and just a blank circle - has anyone else had this? does it mean that the smiley this morning was a false reading or is it just because it was first pee of the day when I checked again tonight?

Very confused, will test on another opk tomorrow morning. Have been following the site for a couple of weeks but this is my first post, any advice would be appreciated ladies.

Thanks! xx

Didn't want to read and run!
I'm no good at OPK's so can't help u there unfortunately.

Welcome to PF!!

welcome!!! :) haven't tried OPKs yet, waiting a couple of cycles, so same as above didn't want to read and run but you'll get plenty of advice soon I'm sure!

thanks ladies - good luck with your ttc...hope it doesn't take us too long! x

hi hun i do opk's and they say on my instructions do not use in the morning. the best time is between 10 am - 8pm unlike a pregnancy test. so i dont know if that has anything to do with it or not.

ah ok, I didn't see any guidance re time so just assumed the same as a preg test - thanks for that, I'll test in the early evening from now on then!

Really hope I get a true smiley face soon....I had a break for over 4 months when switching pill type a few yrs back and witch didn't come near or by....hoping it doesn't take quite so long now.... xx

i thought the same aswell,
this is what it says on mine:

'do not use first thing in morning, urine samples as LH is synthesised in your body early in the morning. it will not show up in your urnine till later in the day. the best time to test is 10am-8pm. pick a regular time to suit you and test the urine about the same time each day. reduce liquid content 2hours before testing as it can dilute the LH surge. '

so early evening will be fine :) good luck hope it happens quickly for you! its been ages of trying for me lol xx

wish you the best of luck and lots of baby dust that you don't wait too much longer minxies and thanks again for the help xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back