New years eve

Pompey_Princess

Reaction score
was just wondering what people's plan's, if any, where?
i always think it's funny how things change, well for us, when you have LO(s).
before james i used to be clubbing in town, since james' it changed to a meal out and lots of wine!
now - well when i was pregnant it was take out and an early night :blush: last year it was the day of nan's funeral, but it was a few glasses of champers (for some odd reason) take out and a night in front of the tv, at mums, moaning at it :lol:
this year we've decided a night with take out at mums, maybe a few drinks, so how about everyone else?

share your new years eve plans :flower:

This year we're having a night in with the boys. Last year we had a bottle of champagne that we were going to share at midnight, but we really didn't feel like it so I made us a cup of tea instead :rofl: I got my BFP ths next morning which explained me not wanting champagne for the first time ever :lol:

Meal and a few drinks at mum's, I'm working new years day.

It seemed strange last year actually remembering new years eve :oops:

:rofl: @ remembering new years eve! no that feeling :oops:

awww lynn thats so nice about your bfp!!

OH is going to be in hospital! He has an appointment on 31st for his shoulder, which he broke at Uni and ever since he dislocates it about once every couple of months. It's getting worse though, and is starting to affect him a lot more so he's got an MRI and x-rays on the 31st and then they'll be booking an operation for him for Easter I think.

I'm not really a big New Year person though :lol: Quite happy to be at home with my family.

We're having NYE at home this year - possibly followed by a trip to a local pub that opens until about 4am, has brilliant beer, food and live music on, then back home again. The plan is to have a late-afternoon meal with lots of friends - so those that have kiddiewinks can come with them too - and those that want to stay over can also get the LOs ready for bed at the right time.

It's up in the air just now, but a couple of friends are travelling down from "oop north" and really chuffed they're coming :) I foresee a fancy menu and lots of cocktails on the menu.

Love New Year - and last year my hubby was away :( so it'll be great this year to have him here with me! Roll on 2010!

Last year we went to a comedy club in town and celebrated midnight with a bottle of champagne. We'd been planning to do the same again, but haven't 100% made our minds up yet. I won't be drinking this year though, lol!

We were going to go away but we're staying at home now and doing the usual. Watching rubbish, eating and drinking rubbish and standing in the garden and watching the fireworks :)

Were going to OH's parents (5 doors away lol) for a take away. The kids are staying there so once they are in bed me and OH will head to our local with friends then off to a mates house for a party, get home at silly oclock in the morning then sleep. All of this sober as well, i managed it last year when i was preggers but i dunno if i have it in me this year TBH xx

Not a clue actually ... hadnt even thought about it yet lol

Probably just stay home and have a nice meal, maybe have a couple of people over

Im not sure yet, we ususally go back home but were thinking of staying up here. Will probs end up round at our friends. Im not really into new year celebrations anymore, we used to go to go to Edinburgh and Glasgow every year but it's always wet,cold and bloomin expensive!

I have no idea what we will be doing, DH is working NYE, so maybe a nice meal when he gets in...

Not a thing, we never do :lol: I won't be sorry to see the back of 2009 though :mad:

I just like to say happy new year to the kids at midnight so if we went out we'd miss doing that :)

I'm working NYE morning, we'll probaby have a PJ afternoon with snacks and DVD's. Will have a bottle later on :)

Last year, we also stayed in with our then 7 week old, I think we just made it past NY before heading off to bed.

Not a thing, we never do :lol: I won't be sorry to see the back of 2009 though :mad:

I just like to say happy new year to the kids at midnight so if we went out we'd miss doing that :)

i have to say - me neither hon!!

^nor me, that is the only thing we will stay up to celebrate for

Going to my mums for dinner and then watching TV probably :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111