New years eve

Katie21

Reaction score
My boyfriend and i are going away for new years eve to Newquay with a group of mates, having just found out i am pregnant its just not going to be the same. We havent told anyone yet not even our parents because we need some time to talk things through before we tell them.

Everyone will be asking me why im not drinking, how do i get around that one?? also im feeling really tired so will be yawning all night and to top it off its fancy dress and i have this bloody tinkerbell costume to wear so im going to be freezing!

Sorry for the rant lol! Anyone else doing anything for new years? :)

U can either tell them all ur on antibiotics or u could drink drinks that look alcoholic but aren't...lime and lemonade,coke,lemonade etc xx

yea i was thinking of just buying lemonade and saying its vodka and lemonade, then ive just got to pretend im drunk! I suppose everyone will be really drunk anyway and wont really notice if im drinking alot or not! xx

I would go wih the antibiotics excuse myself, I used that one a couple of times in tri 1 and it's soo believeable! tell them you have a urine infection and need to get it sorted ! They would prob jump at a designated driver anyway!

enjoy your night with your secret!

Last edited:
cool ok yeh think its quite believable atleast then i havent got to act like im drunk lol! Hopefully we will enjoy the night and the boyfriend can get it off his mind for a bit xx

Yeah I'd say that is best as you don't really want to be drinking fizzy drinks all night anyway. xx

It is difficult! i had my works xmas lunch, and everyone was drinking away, and I ended up just saying "nah its okay, I'm going to be driving anyway", after the food when people were moving to the bar I made a quick exit! I think 1 or 2 people in my office are a bit suspicious as to why I'm not drinking and that a wee bit ago i quit smoking like right away, no cutting down at all, just stopped. I'm quite surprised at how much i don't miss smoking and drinking, I just think of wee baba. When do you think you will tell people katie? :) xx

Hey, got back yesterday, had a nice time, was good to get away. On new years eve i just said that i was on antibiotics so couldnt drink so that was fine. It was quite awkward though as i didnt even want to go on the dancefloor and dance incase someone bumped into me, i feel really protective over my body now!

Scottishlassie- i havent told anyone yet its only me and my boyfriend at the mo, going to try and tell my mum today, as my stepdad is at work and wanted to tell her on her own, dont know how im going to say it though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back