New & Trying to Conceive

AndreaJayne

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am a newbie to the forum, me and OH decided about a month ago to try for a family. I came off the depo provera on 6th Dec, therefore now officially trying.
Does anyone have any experiences with TTC after coming off the injection?

I am very excited as this will be my 1st! But don't want to get my hopes up too much incase it takes a while.

Also I have picked up on a few of the 'short phrases' e.g OH & TTC but I haven't a clue about the others.

I look forward to chatting with you all :wave:

Hello petal...

you will soon catch on to all the codes...he he.....bfp..most important one..means big fat positive..pregnancy test!!!

Good luck....everyone lovely here with lots of experience and help to offer...

xx

Hi Samsgirl,

Thank you for the warming welcome!

I can see from posts that people are monitoring when they ovulate etc, I am a little lost as I have been on the injection for 5+ years and never had a period, therefore have lost track of all my cycle!

xxx

i was on the pill for 18 years and the whol ovulation thing was a big shock to me....!!! he he....i am quite lucky that so far my cycles seem to have slotted back into a nice 26/27 days......been off pill since september...

It can take a little while for your body to get back into it's natural cycle and i still don't think i'm back to normal yet as my periods are too light.....so i'm expecting it to take a lot longer...

Best thing to do is wait until you have your first period and then start to test for ov in that first cycle......first day of period is day 1 and i usually start to test with the ov sticks...(u can get cheap ones off ebay or amazon) around day 9 and then i usually ovulate around day 12....but everyone different. you can feel when it's happening though...or i can.....you will get used to how it feels......i then use digital ones to pin point the actual day i get the surge. the surge is the LH (hormone) telling your egg to be released basically.....so when you get the positives...thats the best time to have sex. and then the day after the positive cos thats when the egg should be released......24 - 48 hours after your positive result.

Don't be disheartened if it takes a few months cos it may take a little while for your body to settle down or it could happen straight away...

How old are you?
xx

Thank you MissJuly10, I will be sure to look at the abbreviations!

I recently turned 23, we will be getting married in 2013 so we are hoping to conceive before then, I have started to have more veg, fruit and fresh foods in my diet which I hope helps and I am currently taking Santogen Mother to be, it has folic acid & omega 3. I have tried to get the OH to eat more healthily but men being men his view is, it happens when it happens ha ha

I am so keen to start trying, a little worried that it may take a while for my body to return to normal?

xxxx

sounds like you are doing everything right.....we got enagaged a week ago and are getting married on 25th november next year....so we are kinda putting ttc on hold til around july time.......if it happens it does...but not gonna stress about it....would prefer not to have just had baba or have a HUGE bump..but as my OH says, we will deal with whatever happens

xx

Hi :wave:

Welcome!! If you go onto Tri 1 and seek out Rachael Louise I'm sure she had the implant removed - and not that long ago.....!!

Good luck TTC and if you have any questions at all - that's what we are all here for - to support each other!

Tracey x

Hi and welcome Andrea :)

You need to keep track of everytime you start your period before you can hope to guess when OV is happening, unless you want to use OPKs.

If you don't want to use OPKs then sex every three days is a goos idea, unless you think you can manage it more often ;)

2013 is ages away so as long as you don't go crazy symptom spotting, you should be alright.

It's a fun place around here until people start symptom spotting and go all crazy ;)

Congratulations on the engagement! I am holding back on wedding dresses at the mo as If I was to buy one it may not fit me when it comes to the day!

Do you have any children already? Ive always looked forward to having a child but wanted to wait until we were settled in our home, jobs and life. OH bless him doesn't get as excited as me, part of the reason I joined the forum as I can share my feelings with people who understand ha ha :)

Thank you Tracey & Louise !!

I feel so welcome!

I can imagine what it is like once ppl start symptom spotting ha ha

I will have a look for Rachael Louise, sounds like she may be able to give me a bit of info from her experience.

How long have you all been TTC?

xxxx

I shall go and have a look and see, thank you.

Just noticed that you are feeling sad, everything OK?

Just noticed that you are feeling sad, everything OK?

Awww, ain't you sweet! ;) I'm always sad... :(

Not really sad in the scheme of things but sad for me :good:

Me and hubby need IVF so no chance of ttc really, but i hang around anyway :)

Last edited:
Congratulations on the engagement! I am holding back on wedding dresses at the mo as If I was to buy one it may not fit me when it comes to the day!

Do you have any children already? Ive always looked forward to having a child but wanted to wait until we were settled in our home, jobs and life. OH bless him doesn't get as excited as me, part of the reason I joined the forum as I can share my feelings with people who understand ha ha :)

not got any little ones yet no....

only been with my OH since Jan 2008.....I'm 34 and he is 31....not really felt ready for any until now. we have a lovely home...we love each other so much and are very strong...so the time is right. whenever little one decides to come along of course!

I'm quite big at the moment....so detemined to lose weight and so any dresses will just need taken in if no bump and left alone if bump...he he

The style I have in my mind, would accomodate a bump. but i dunno what i'm gonna suit til i try them,,,

I have huge boobs!! ha ha.....so don't wanna just be all boobs!!!! xx

Sorry to hear Louise, my best friend is in the same position, I advised her not to worry as there will be some way, some how and she will have a baby!

I am sure that it will happen for you soon, keep smiling and positive and it will happen :)

Just wanted to say hello andrea and welcome to the forum!

SamsGirl, Im sure that whatever dress you choose it will look lovely!

Sounds like you will be very busy TTC and planning a wedding at the same time, but exciting too ! If all goe well in the coming future you will have a bump and the boobs will grow too, have to keep them strapped in! ha ha Good luck with the wedding planning!

xxxx

SamsGirl, Im sure that whatever dress you choose it will look lovely!

Sounds like you will be very busy TTC and planning a wedding at the same time, but exciting too ! If all goe well in the coming future you will have a bump and the boobs will grow too, have to keep them strapped in! ha ha Good luck with the wedding planning!

xxxx

ha ha...i know!!! have to get a good corset on that dress....he he xx

Hi Andrea,
Just thought I'd say hello and welcome!
I'm also TTC after depo! I only had it for 9 months and my last injection ran out at the end of sept.
I've had loads of pregnancy symptoms since coming off it - im guessing its because of all the hormones and it seems to be quite common! (I spent a fortune on HPTs!)
The Dr told me it can take a while for periods to restart after the last injection. I've been quite lucky, I had a withdrawal bleed at the end of sept, then very light AF in oct and then full AF in november. I think I'm now in my first 2WW! I've not started using OPKs yet but think I might next cycle just to check that I am actually OVing.
Hope that helps a bit!
Cat x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back