Trying to conceive

mrsT

Reaction score
HI - just wanted to start a new thread.
My hubby is in the RAF (would like to chat to other Forces partners as it is a pain at times) and we are currently trying for baby no 2.
It's weird as our daughter Eloise was a suprise (I refuse to say accident!) pregnancy as I was on the pill at the time, so I assumed it would be just as easy this time round.
Have only being trying 3 - 4 months so it is early days but still feeling a little down. The last 2 periods I had came as a suprise as I had convinced myself both times I was pregnant and spent sooo much money on pregnancy tests, convinced they would eventually come up positive
Hoping this could be our month, but don't want to get my hopes up :cry: which I keep doing.

Sorry for the long post - hope to hear from others like me!

Mrs T
xx

(PS - I am slightly confused by some of the abbreviations - some are obvious i.e TTC but others I don't get :oops: )

Will keep you posted as to which ones they are so you can enlighten me!!

hi mrsT would just like to welcome you to the forum firstly - my DF is also in the forces, he is in the army, so if you ever want to chat - PM me babes :hug: :D :hug:

That's cool!
Thanks hunny.
What base is he at? My dad was in the Army so I seem to have made a lifestyle of it!!!

Welcome hun, was just gunna say MissG's partner is the Army but she beat me to it :D xxx

he is based in Wiltshire and i am in Sheffield, so bit of a treck but it is a hundred times better than when he was based in Germany, i hardly saw him!!! he is currently at home for 2 weeks and so getting chaufered around :D where is your OH based?

good luck with TTC hun and if you need to talk - you know where i am :D :hug:

lol - thanks

It's a pain to be honest! I used to be in the RAF but left when I had my daughter. OH wanted to leave too but we couldn't afford the pay cut. Waiting for him to find the right job and he will leave too! :shock: eeek.
Scary stuff.
Wish money grew on trees :cry:

We are at RAF Brize Norton on Oxfordshire.
I used to live in Germany when I was little - beautiful out there! But yes! A bit of a trek!!
Will deffo have to chat some time!

Hi hun :wave:

Both myself and hubby are in RAF based at Cottesmore and I know what a pain it can be so PM anytime if you want a chat :hug:

I want to leave too but the money is too good at the moment :?

Jools xx

DF went to Brize Norton when he came back from Iraq (well the plane landed there!)

DF was thinking of leaving and was supposed to be signing off last month but they have now told him if he stays in for another 2 years from next year theyy will give him a £4,500 lump sum - and tbh, like both you and Snuggle have said, money is too good - he gets a steady wage whether he is ill,on leave etc so i think he wants to stay in - the only thing that i dont wnat him to stay in for is the fact he may be going to Afghanistan in September next year :( but suppose its his job isnt it??

:hug:

Sadly it is.
I hated it when I found out I was pregnant with Eloise, the next month we found out we was going out to the FAlklands. We could have postponed it on compassionate grounds but it would have meant him leaving me with a small baby!
We were planning a wedding at the time so that had to be postponed (ended up being when Eloise was 6 months old)

I hate it - like the security but don't like having a permanent home and don't like the danger involved!
Keep imagining if something happened to my OH like the Navy guys in Iran at the moment.
It's horrible.

i know what you mean hun - DF's best friend is back out in iraq next month and it is just terrifying but there is nothing we can do about it babes - its a bummer about your wedding hun- i would go mad if we had to re schedule LOL i hate the army most of the time and always have a big rant about it! :lol:

:lol:
You can rant to me hun - I'm always ranting about the RAF - it's a heap of sh!t frankly!

yep!! the army certainly is :lol:

well like i said, if you ever want to talk/rant - please....rant away to me :lol: :hug:

It doesnt half balls up your life sometimes :evil:

I got sent to Afghanistan and was getting married 10 days after I got back but did anyone care?...did they f**k! :x

Don't worry about language - to be honest it's the only way to describe the forces sometimes!

I think this smillie actually sums it all up
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Dont tempt me hun...once it starts it takes a while to stop :roll:

Just swore at one of my dogs because she bent over infront of me and farted :shock: Gave her cuddle after though coz she didnt mean it :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back