new matressess ??

Fiona

Reaction score
hi, need some advice...

I have been given a beautfil cot and moses basket 2nd hand from my sister-in-law - they are both immaculate

they both have their original mattresses and SIL has said that she doesn't think that I need to buy new ones as her baby only slept for 3 weeks and the cot mattress looks in fab condition

BUT I have read that you should always get a new matress for a new baby .. is this right. I have no problem going and buying new matresses if I need ....... so ladies .. need your help

i got a second hand moses basket from a close friend of mine and her LO only slept in it once and i had the same conserns as you so i just bought a new one anyway for piece of mind

they dont cost that much and if you think it will help you relax more then go for it girl

take care
xxxxx

I've had new matress's for my other 2 but i must admit i'm not bothering this time. Aimee only slept in her basket for about 4 weeks so i know thats fine to use again and the cot matress is almost new.

the reason they say to get a new one is because it could harbour bacteria, but if she always used sheets and it wasnt used much i dont see the problem keeping that one just use a protective mattress cover, usuallt they have zip off covers so u can wash them anyway, does it?

I wouldnt bother changing the moses basket matress hun. Thea is not quite five weeks old and she has already nearly outgrown hers.

I would get a new cot matress though.

thanks ladies.... knew you would all have the right answers...

think I will keep the moses basket matress but buy a new cot matress

you girls really are the best :clap: :clap: :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back