applying for a job knowing im pregnant

ladytara

Reaction score
:eh: hi

i need advice and anyone who is in same boat

im 12 weeks pregnant this week, completley unplanned.

ive been looking for work about 5 months now and finally got an interview. But obviously im 3 months pregnant.

i really need the work, financially, but just dont know whether to tell them. Or if i get the job how on earth am i going to make out i did not know im so far gone.

im so stressed, ther only way we can make ends meet is if i get to work, im looking at temp jobs but not so many available.

any answers would be most appreciated

love tara

you need to tell them as if you get the job you will need a risk assessment done on you anyway.

my friend was offered a job at around 6 months pregnant she explained her situation and they still offered it too her.

at the same time though they may not offer it as they will then haveto find a replacement pretty much straight away for when you are on maternity

You don't HAVE to tell them anything, although as Roxanne said they'll probably want to do a risk assessment on you so for your own health and safety reasons you might choose to.

Employers aren't supposed to discrimate against you because you're pregnant, but i'm pretty sure it still happens. They will need to replace you in a few months and they'll know that you'll need time off for appointments and are more likely to need time off for sickness etc.

It's up to you at the end of the day. You could just go ahead with the interview, not say anything, get some money over the next few months then quit. At least then you'll earn something in the next few months. Or you could take your chances, tell them the truth and see if they'll still take you. Or you could play dumb and tell them if/when you've got the job and make out that you only just found out. It's up to you really, good luck hun :) xxxx

p.s. it's sods law that after applying for jobs for months, you finally get offered one when you find our you're pregnant. I had to turn down an interview for a perfect job because i'd just found out i was pregnant, typical! xxxx

Personally I wouldnt tell them. I found out I was pregnant a few days after starting a job when I had my LO and I waited to tell them until about 13 weeks but when I did apparently they had alot of people apply who had just found out or were pregnant when they applied.

You dont have to legally tell them until about 26 weeks I think. Might be wrong though. They are much more likely to turn you down for a job if they know (even though they aren't allowed) so if you get the job, just say that you didn't feel the need to tell you because I wasn't even sure Id get the job!

Good luck!

YOu dont legally have to tell em till week 25 I think (tho god knows how you would keep it quiet) Perhaps you could go for interview and if you get offered the job once you have it in writing then tell em so you dont feel bad but also they cant descriminate!!
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back