New house!

poppypd

Reaction score
So spent today looking round houses as we finally sold my OH's place and my own place, time to get a bigger one with a room for a baby!

Not put in an offer yet but think we've found it. It was easy to picture with a family in it!

Has anyone experienced moving house while PG? Any tips??? I'm only just into my 2nd tri so got a way to go yet, fingers crossed it's not going through at the last minute!!

xx

We bought our house before I found out I was pg! We moved In after completion etc when I was 9 weeks but I didn't do any lifting at all other half and parents wouldn't let me so I went that wknd to watch take that! Came back to all furniture in and just had to organise it how I like it and I'd highly recommend it. U can then start to nest! Were starting painting new carpets and floor next week and then gradually doing things before babies come! Luckily we bought a house with enough room for twins. As we did t know then. Good luck with move xxx

i moved at 8 weeks preg and 8 months preg lol!! :) was great cos i did naff all!! i sorted stuff and packed stuff but done no moving just ordered!! :) xx

The doing nothing sounds just fab!!!! Great advice. 1986princess - TWINS!!! Oh my goodness!!!! My 1st scan is on monday, I presume I have only one in there as not showing at all really. xxx

I moved when 7 and half months pregnant with my DS and by the time the house was sorted I was 8 months pg. I helped my hubby up the stairs with the double mattress, did some DIY drawers and wardrobe (with hubby's help), put a dining table together myself and just loads of other bits and bobs. My husband didn't like me doing it all but I wanted too and plus, I had to crack on while he was at work cos otherwise, the house would have never been ready for baby. But just do what you are comfortable with. You'll know if you're doing too much.

I enjoyed doing all of that stuff even at 8 months pg as it was our first house together and I wanted everything to be right. I got all of the baby's room sorted too.

Good luck with it all hun and only do what you feel you can do :) xxx

Last edited:
I moved twice! when i was 29 weeks i moved 200 miles to back home where hubbys parents lived and I lifted what I could tbh and then i had to move again into our own home when the baby was 3 weeks old (we had to live with mil thats why we moved twice)

Dont recommend moving that late in a pregnancy - nightmare and exhausting

Michelle, yes I expect I will do some moving, the OH just said, you can carry the light boxes, (no mention of "no my sweet you won't be lifting a finger!!" ha ha )
Saraian - 29 weeks and with a 3 week old baby, they both sound fraught with challenges. Just hope ours will go through quickly! I'm already pushing the OH, saying "right so we putting an offer in etc??" I dreamt about the house yesterday, and could really picture ourselves there!!!!

xx

The doing nothing sounds just fab!!!! Great advice. 1986princess - TWINS!!! Oh my goodness!!!! My 1st scan is on monday, I presume I have only one in there as not showing at all really. xxx

Poppy! I didn't have severe symptoms like is expect if there was 2 babies and was showing a little at scan but not mega loads! So u never know, could be 2! Good luck at it scan Hun x

holy moly, Twins - that would be interesting!!!! I'll find out tomorrow!!!

My husband is in the army so we move all the time - we just moved 3 weeks ago and I was 17 weeks - it was best move so far as I didnt lift a finger! Lots of my friends have moved preggers or with tiny tiny babies and its always been ok the only thing to make sure you get sorted asap is to register with doctors/midwife just in case you have any sort of emergency and//or you need to change hospitals. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back