HOUSE MOVE GOING AHEAD IN 3 WEEKS!

valentine said:
Yay! Go you! All those problems sound workable and you sound much happier! I really hope the meeting goes well - woo hoo!

Can I just ask one thing - do you pay for the decorating, new oven, new fixtures and fittings etc if its rented and if so, do you get anything back for that for your time or for the cost of it? And if not, don't you mind? Do they get any say in what you do? Seems so unfair on you both.

Valentine Xxx

Thanks hun!

As for the decoration etc, it's a mix. The landlord paid for the new kitchen as the old one had woodworm and was unusable and dirty but we put it in ourselves with the help of Jim's Dad Ltd. They've paid for the wallpaper and any paint we've used. However, we've bought all the carpets and new floors because they said the original ones were in reasonable nick (I would argue that brown 70s shagpile that's worn and smells strongly of dog every time you walk up the stairs isn't but hey...). Generally though they've paid for a lot of it... so I don't feel too bad it's just the effort that's lost, but then Jim's dad is happy to help us redecorate the new place (in fact he's already on the phone talking about it to Jim right now)...

I think we are going to go for it but it's VERY SCARY! I will keep you updated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wooo! good luck! i think it might do u some good emotionally i kno u dont think so coz of the hard work etc but its like a fresh start / new adventure / a project to occupy ur thoughts with / etc. :hug:

OK, the house move!

It is going ahead!!! I'm scared!!!!!!!!! Rent will be £150 more per month than we pay now but it's still REALLY cheap for what we're getting AND friends of ours are moving into our old place so yay!

Only downside is the cats will have to live in the garage.

YAY :cheer: :cheer: I'm so jealous! We live in a small 2 bed flat that we bought a few years back - would have bought a house if we'd realised Phoebe was on the way! Now we can't afford to move for years probably. Our mortgage is now about £1200 a month after we came off of fixed rate :(

I'm so excited for you! I wanna see pics :D

good lck hun.the new place sounds as thogh its got great potential and im sre you will have it feeling like home soon :hug:

Thats great news you better getting packing with Connie's wardrobe you will be there for ages. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back