HOUSE MOVE GOING AHEAD IN 3 WEEKS!

debecca

Reaction score
OK, in short, I live in a house in a fantastic place (I won't go into details because my husband always says blah blah forum privacy blah stalkers blah too naive and trusting blah blah)... it's a 2 up 2 down with cellar and is just about big enough for us and Flod.

We live in a huge place with several houses/flats... our neighbours are moving out and thus vacating their THREE BEDROOM place, ideal family home, and only £600ish a month (ours is £475) so still fairly cheap and we'd have plenty still going into savings every month. Also, it has loads of amazing features... beamed ceilings, massive lounge, attic bedroom, views of the countryside AND it gets the sun which our place doesn't. It's much bigger than what we have.

The downside is the extra hassle there would be in moving in, and the fact we've completely renovated our place how we like it including nursery etc and they still have the old spaggy carpets and 70s bathroom etc... OH's dad is ace at decorating and stuff though and says it would be superficial to sort it all out if we wanted to take it (bless him).

So, am I mental for thinking of moving to a bigger, nicer place? Am I mental for inviting all this hassle and stress while dealing with a 3 month old and PND???????

What do you think ladies???

If you think you're upto it and it would be better for you then go for it. It's clear you like it better.

We moved when Daniel was 3 weeks old. Well, my advice to anybody "very, very, very bad idea!"

But that is just me.....

I think you should go for it! Who knows when an opportunity like this might come up again? And you have the solution to the cr*p decor, its just cosmetic and you can have fun picking out some new fixtures and fittings!

I often think a change is as good as a rest and when I'm feeling at my lowest, I become energised by new projects and tasks - would this be similar for you? Could you see it as a new start?

A lovely family home with extra room, gorgeous views and sunshine sounds lovely - I would jump at the chance!

Valentine Xxx

Carina said:
We moved when Daniel was 3 weeks old. Well, my advice to anybody "very, very, very bad idea!"

But that is just me.....

That is exactly my worry!! I'm sure I must be nuts even thinking it especially now Connie is settled and sleeping well and everything... :wall:

valentine said:
I think you should go for it! Who knows when an opportunity like this might come up again? And you have the solution to the cr*p decor, its just cosmetic and you can have fun picking out some new fixtures and fittings!

I often think a change is as good as a rest and when I'm feeling at my lowest, I become energised by new projects and tasks - would this be similar for you? Could you see it as a new start?

A lovely family home with extra room, gorgeous views and sunshine sounds lovely - I would jump at the chance!

Valentine Xxx

Thanks hun, what a lovely response!!

As for your question about the new projects, I definitely am the kind of person who needs to keep doing things and starting new tasks BUT I am also a real stubborn girl who hates change at heart and I find change very unsettling - even if I'm just moving over the road!!!! It took me ages to settle down in this house!!!!! Probably about 18 months! :roll:

Then again, I can't NOT MOVE just because I don't like change. After all, we're going to have to move one day and better to move somewhere where we KNOW we're happy than somewhere completely different, eh?

Hmm. Who knows? I hate decisions, can you tell? :rotfl:

Go for it, you dont no when an oppurtunity like this will come up again. Do you have family who could look out for Connie? Or maybe the harder decoration could wait a bit.

:hug:

DO IT! It sounds lovely!
I moved out of my mums with my OH into our first place nearly 3 weeks ago when Fi was about 5 weeks old! Ok, so we didn't have a huge amount of furniture as we had lived out of a room and some loft space BUT we did then have to buy everything and we did it really quickly too (the moving out bit) I won't say it wasn't stressful and we're not totally unpacked yet BUT we did it and I found it good having something to get stuck into.

It sounds like a gorgeous place :) go on... xxxxxx

we moved when Joe was 4months (and i had jess too). Its was hardwork but worth it. I love my big house.
Go for it, you will only wonder what could have been if you hadnt.

I say go for it.

You will be there right alongside Connie so she'll settle well I would think. In some ways moving now she is settling better is easier than trying to do it when she is crawling or toddling round. And easier than trying to move if she were a few weeks younger. I'd say now in the next couple of months is the perfect time. Also its still summer (ahem) and you can spend time getting the place sorted before autumn kicks in.

Also you know you like it there, will have the extra space and don't have to move far at all. Beats having to move in a year or two and get the whole removal team in.

I think it will be good for you. Besides we are all here to help support you :)

I would do it. The short term hassle of moving is nothing if you're going to have a bigger place for the future.

Thanks girls. The option only came up yesterday and we have to make a decision this evening :shock: :shock: :shock:

I am still scared but kind of excited too! Will post lots of photies!!!

HMM looks like we may not have a choice. OH just spoke to the landlord and apparently they REALLY don't want cats in there. This being despite the fact that the existing tenants have a cat (they got him after they moved in) and they've never had a problem with us having our cats here :(

We intend to ask if the cats can live in the external utility room but we're not holding out much hope - which basically means as soon as we TTC number 2 we'll have to buy a place and we really don't want to do that, particularly as we'd have to spend millions to live somewhere as nice as we currently do.

I feel quite low about it. My husband's gone really depressed again and gone out for a run.

Aw debecca, I'm sorry to hear this. Keep your spirits up, you never know what compromise you could come to.

Give your OH a hug, sit down and have a chat - at least if you are both facing disappointment together, it's more bearable.

Valentine Xxx

Only just seen this hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope it works out for you these things usually have a way of working out for the best. If you dont get this place its probaly because its not meant to be and something better is just round the corner. :hug:

You must be feeeling happier about things because your thinking about flod number 2 :D

Aww hun I hope you can talk him around. Maybe offer to pay for extra cleaning if you were to leave? That's what the letting agency we were with before we bought this place used to do if landlords agreed for the tenants to keep cats or dogs. Seems a bit silly if you have had cats for ages and the existing tenants do too.

Fingers crossed :hug: :hug:

:( sorry to hear that bex, I'm sure things will work out one way or the other.

I am a great believer in everything happens for a reason.

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that they change their mind.

:hug: :hug:

Another update... the ladlords just phoned we're to go and see them tomorrow morning at 10am.

The existing tenants were told they couldn't have their cat Tally (I know abcd1234 will like that name) but they went out and got him anyway (!) which explains a lot. Apparently they are KEEN for us to move in (of course they are they can bump up the rent on our place when we're gone as we've completely redecorated, put in central heating, put in a shower, new carpets, new kitchen...) if we can reach a compromise with the cats. So Valentine, you were correct :cheer:

After another look round tonight we can see it's a LOT nicer than our place and a LOT bigger but has the following disadvantages:

1. We would have to buy a new oven as the gap's not big enough for ours (which we bought new 2.5 yrs ago and is in immaculate condition, doh).
2. The cats will be mardy about not being allowed in the house. Actually, 2 cats will be fine, 1 will have a strop. However, the people moving into our place are friends of ours and love cats so perhaps they could feed at ours and still live here?!
3. Ming decor - but as long as we get the nursery and our room done asap the rest is perfectly liveable, more so than our place was when we moved in.
4. Rent is higher and I'm currently on SMP so we will feel the pinch - BUT we can afford it.
5. I HATE CHANGE and I suspect Flod will as she's Taurean. Mmmm routines. I have my Moon in Taurus you won't get me out of my comfort zone :rotfl:

So basically if we can be bothered to do the move I reckon we are going to do it, which means moving in less than a week :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wish us luck! I'll update tomorrow at 10am.

Yay! Go you! All those problems sound workable and you sound much happier! I really hope the meeting goes well - woo hoo!

Can I just ask one thing - do you pay for the decorating, new oven, new fixtures and fittings etc if its rented and if so, do you get anything back for that for your time or for the cost of it? And if not, don't you mind? Do they get any say in what you do? Seems so unfair on you both.

Valentine Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back