When did you first start noticing sickness?

KJ

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm from 1st tri, but thought this was the best place to post my question.

I'm just gone 6 weeks and haven't experienced any sickness yet. I have kind of gone off some foods but not actually felt sick yet.

I read somwhere that the sicker you are, the better it bodes for the pregnancy. So am worried that I'm not noticing anything yet.

So my question is, when did you first start feeling sickness, and how bad was it and how long did it last?

Thanks,

K.xxx

in my first 3 pregnancies i didnt have any morning sickness no nausea either and they were all really healthy pregnancies
and after suffereing this time from wk six to week 11 with morning sickness and 24hr nqausea i would say count your lucky stars!! its awful!!

Hi KJ,

This is from memory, but I think I was about 6 or 7 weeks when I first started getting nausea - it's like seasickness rather than feeling like you want to vomit, if that makes sense.

Unfortunately since then, I have felt worse and worse week on week and it's not going away! I graduated from feeling really ill and retching every morning, to properly being sick (coupled with the all day nausea) about week 8 or 9 I think and this happens now every couple of days and seems to be getting worse rather than better as time goes on. I'm praying for the day when I feel more like myself again.

I know you'll be sick of people saying this, but regardless of what you read, please be thankful you don't feel as bad as me and others. I honestly feel constantly sick and hungover and particularly like I've been run over by a bus every single day. This limits my energy levels, attitude at work, ability to cope with commuting, my irritability levels, ability to meet up with friends after work etc - so is limiting my life and means that I can't get on with all my plans - very, very frustrating!

The only thing (weirdly) that helps abate it, is eating little and often.

I hope that this helps.

Valentine xxx

I never got any. I hope thats the same for you. My SIL had it from day one and still has it now, and she's 38 weeks.

I felt great till I was 7 weeks ( only found out at 6 weeks though) then morning sickness kicked in. I was mostly sick at night in the beginning i was puking about 3 times a night and exhausted , everyone kept saying it would end at about 12 - 15 weeks but it didn't I now puke about 2-3 times a day.

This all said there are many pregnant people who have perfectly healthy pregnancies without morning sickness and from what i read in the books it generally starts around 7 weeks so enjoy the healhty feelings now.

I was never sick with my last pregnancy or this one but I did feel sick all day. It started at about 6 or 7 weeks and eased off at about 13 weeks.

Some people are just lucky and dont get it at all, yet they still have healthy pregnancies and babies :)

I had nausea all day from about week 7 ish to week 12 then it disappeared, but came back in the third trimester.

Everyone varies hun and its no indication that your baby is healthier if you do/do not have it so dont panic!!

Just enjoy feeling ok :cheer:

I felt great up until 8 weeks & then I felt rotton all day every day & hardly ate a thing up until I was 16 weeks :shock:

thanks for all your replies everyone. I guess every pregnancy is different. I'll try not to worry if I don't develop sickness. Although I have only just hit 6 weeks, so I might have it all to come!!

Hope you all have happy and healthy pregnancies.

K.xxx

I started at around 6 weeks and didn't really feel better until about 16 weeks!! But I have a few friends who have not experienced any sickness at all! Don't question it! Enjoy it! It's pretty miserable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back