Pissed off with OH

Yes people do downsize but they are VERY selective of the area and home itself.. They can afford to be! Don't rely on swapping with someone who wants to downsize.. I had a 2 bedroom house in Hayes and noone wanted mine besides bedsits, 1bed third floor, etc in west Drayton or Hayes/southall... It's not the most desirable area but I had no choice and thought having a 2bed would be enough to convince people to swap.. Not the case.. I would have been happy for a 2bed flat in Ruislip as my family live there.. but after nearly 3 years of pointless searching without even one viewing, luckily someone in Watford wanted Hayes as she used to live there and only took Watford to get closer to Hayes from Ireland.. That's why I live in Watford now :) I'm exceptionally lucky to be here!
I'd hold out as long as possible if I were you, you've got backing from council so should help but to be very honest with you, band c's hardly get anywhere :( hopefully times have changed since I was bidding but I only got viewings for 2bed flats in poor areas with being band b.. Top 10 bidders view and if someone higher than u says yes they'll get it even if u accept it :( it's a poor system.. I was very lucky noone wanted the house in Hayes it was a right dump!! Took alot of hard work to make it liveable.

I hope you find somewhere soon honey it's really tough.. Pm me if u ever wanna chat about it :) xx

Also I've been searching since dec 2007 for a 3bedroom house in Watford or Ruislip to swap with an I've veiwed ONE house.. And this is a great area and only a ten min walk from town centre!

I don't mind Hayes and West Drayton, I know they are not the nicest areas ever, but there are some nice parts hidden around! Sounds like whatever we do, it's going to be a slog! Thanks, i'll PM you if I can think of anymore questions, still very confused about everything and how it works lol!

:)
The part of Hayes I lived in was awful :( people were gettin killed at the end of my road :( I'm so thankful I was able to drive!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back