New but need advice

cherry

Reaction score
Hi all, am new to this but was hoping to get some advice.... i apologise if this thread is a tad long winded! The situation so far.....
I found out i was pregnant 12th May, great news but was unsure of how far along as periods very sporadic. Started bleeding 20th May, had ultra sound on 21st May where sac was visable. Was told to come back in 7 days for another u/s. Continued to bleed and passed huge clots during the week and at my u/s on 27th May they confirmed i had miscarried, nothing visable on scan and pregnancy test negative :(
I stopped bleeding on 1st June and partner and i were 'intimate' on 5th June.
On 18th June while sitting on the sofa i got a sharp pain in my tummy and within one minute i was bent over double and bleeding. I soaked through trousers and two towels within 10 mins. I went back to hospital who did an internal, i was told this 'was fine'(?!), i had bloods taken and was told to call back on 21st June for results.
I did this and the nurse told me my hCg levels were 55.... meaning either it was taking a while for my levels to return to normal or i was pregnant again (?!). I returned today and hCg levels were 31. Was told to wait two weeks before doing another pregnancy test?
Few things confusing me....
I was told after second scan than pregnancy test was negative and that i had miscarried.... so why were my levels 55 on 18th June? I thought for a pregnancy test to be negative the levels had to be lower than this? Have i miscarried, become pregnant again and now miscarrying again as my levels have dropped from last fridays test??!!
I just dont know whats going on and would love it if somebody might be able to enlighten me slightly!
Thank you if you have taken the time to read this,

xxx

So sorry your going through this Hun I have no knowlege of it really but didn't want to read and run, it sounds def like you got pregnant again I just hope they have sone answers for you, it's awful just having to wait!! Hugs xx

Thank you for not just passing me by :) and for your words of support, xx

Hi hon, So sorry u have been dealing with this. I'm not sure what has happened from what you have been told about your blood tests. It might be worth asking your GP for their views around it or maybe a midwife to see if they can offer you any guidance at all. xxx

Hi Cherry, so sorry your having to deal with all of this, I agree with Karen, you need to see a doc and talk this through with someone who hopefully can tell you more and explain what they are looking for now and what the next steps for you are.

Sending you a big Hug, anytime you need a rant, we are here for you X:hug:

Last edited:
hi hun sorry to hear your going through this (((hugs)))

With your miscarriage did they do hgc levels then? if so what were those results??

i'm guessing that would be the only way to determine if it was only one miscariage or not, rather than waiting it out.

I hope that makes sense??

i found out i was 5/6weeks pregnant on may 24th then started bleeding may 31st, had u/s done and hcg levels that day were 15, two days later they went down to only 4.

Hi hun, I agree with Kel :hug: I hope you get some answers and am sorry to hear :hug: xx

Hiya, i dont remember them taking hcg levels when miscarriage was confirmed on 27th May, all i was told was that 'there is nothing there' on the u/s and that my pregnancy test had come back negative. It's just so confusing..... i am reluctant to go see my doctor as i have not long moved to this area and have not seen him yet so feel like i would be wasting his time with my confusing questions!
It's just hard because i thought it was all over and now weeks down the line im still dealing with a situation that confuses me....two weeks seems ages to wait to do another pregnancy test, and am reluctant about what it might say!
Thanks to all for posting, i really do appreciate it xxx

You would not be wasting anybodies time by going to see the GP, I think I would agree with the others that say go as they may be able to provise you with some explanations/reasons that may help... big :hug: hunny

Hi Cherry
So sorry for your loss and what you are going through. I had a similar-ish thing myself but only had my HCG levels tested once a few weeks after mc. I had a few weeks of spotting about 2 weeks after mc, mine was a bacterial infection - they diagnosed this from an internal scan and some swabs, maybe your GP could do this?? Just had my first proper period after waiting 9 weeks...I know the waiting is the worst bit so come on here and rant as much as you need xxxx

so sorry bout your news and i agree with the girls you need to have a conversation with your gp on this as it is all very confusing and i agree that your hg levels have to be alot lower than that to get a neg result and although i am no expert on the subject i think suggest that maybe you got pg again but as i have said i think its time for a talk with the gp my love and best wishes go out to you at this difficult time and wish you all the very best in the future you can always come here and talk out your worries we are all here for you if you need to talk take care of yourself..love t..xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back