Any advice?

ian

Reaction score
Hello all, i hope you dont mind me posting on here but my wife and i have had a roller coaster of emotions over the last 10 days.
We have been trying to conceive for 2 years and after the first dose of clomid we had a positive test nearly 3 weeks ago. the elation lasted a week before she had light bleeding and stomach pains, we spent 3 hrs in a&e and had blood tests etc, the hcg levels were 820, we went back 2 days later(last friday), another blood test only to be told that the levels had dropped and were now 620 and that it looked like a non viable pregnancy. She had very light bleeding for the 2 days but nothing since last saturday.
Since then she has continued the usual pregnancy symptoms and has started cravings, light morning sickness etc
Yesterday she did a pregnancy test and it was positive with a bold line.
Last weekend was horrible for the bothof us and we got through it with a positive attitude and have accepted that this pregnancy is over, but all the signs are there that she is still pregnant.

Is it possible to have a falling hcg level and still have a healthy pregnancy?
Is it normal to have been told that the pregnancy has failed but still having all the signs of a normal pregnancy?

We are both a bit confused at the moment

She would be approx 6 weeks this week.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Ian

I'm so sorry for your lost. Especially one that was wanted so much.

If the HCG levels are falling then yes it has failed.

After my first miscarriage I had pregnancy symptoms for about 2 weeks I lost the baby at 8 weeks and 2 days.

The one I had on Sunday last weekend I have been so upset that I feel so numb I can't feel anything my husband has to remind me to eat at the moment.

Hi Ian, I'm not really sure about the hcg levels but last year I had what's known as a missed miscarriage, where my baby had already died but my body still carried on as if I was pregnant in terms of symptoms, growing placenta etc. I wish you two all the best xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Sorry I forgot to add, at 6 weeks an ultrasound would be able to be carried out to see what's going on xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Hi Ian,

You need to go to your nearest EPU on Monday and find out what is going on.

They should be able to scan your wife and they can do some more blood test to see what is going on?

My last miscarriage showed my hCG levels were just 87 (i'd got a + on a digi that morning BUT it should have been a at least 2-3 weeks and it was on 1-2 weeks so I knew)

Wishing you and your wife well

xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the messages everyone, we have accepted that she has lost the baby but its just a bit wierd seeing her going through all the pregnancy symptoms. We will go back to the hospital next week to find out what is going on though.
We have a son 4yrs old and that pregnancy went on with no major problems,(well thats easy for me to say) even had a home birth, so all the problems this time around is a new experience.

Thanks again for all the comments

Ian

So sorry you are going through this hun, i had a missed micarriage where my body continued for a month. It can vary wildly, i hope you can get through this sweety

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back