New BLW's - Share Here

I wouldn't know what you mean!!! Haha ;)

Thanks hun, just shocked me a bit and it's hard to just sit and watch! But we'll keep going! Pineapple and mango on tomorrows menu for brekkie! Xx

Sent from my sparkly new iPhone

Im getting excited now we're getting close to starting! He's already so interested in food and try grabbing my food. We've been sitting him with us at meal times so he can see and giving him a tippy cup. Most gets poured on him. Do you just leave them to get wet and change their clothes after?
HV was asking me about weaning last week and poo pooed BLW saying they don't recommend it, Im ignoring her though obviously! Plan to start in just over a week when Hubby is home as he's really excited about it and doesn't want to miss him.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

It is very exciting! I'm already planning the weeks meals lol!

I just put a bib on her and change at the end! The cup is non spill but she still dribbles alot of it out! She seems quite happy lol so I just leave it and then wash and change xx

Well if it helps my sil did blw and my nephew who is now 1 is an amazing eater now! I've seen first hand how well it works and I'm surprised a hv would be against it??

HV said they should have mush first to make sure they are getting enough so she obviously doesn't fully understand. I spoke to a different HV at the 16 week home visit about it and she had never heard of it but thought it sounded good and was going to read the book on it so at least they aren't all old fashioned!

all hv are so different! mine is an ex phsycatric (sp) nurse from an eating disorder hospital in glasgow who is a big fan of blw weaning but recommends doing a mixture for babies on the small side (my lo, on the 9nd centile) so you can spoon feed fatty stuff like yoghurt to them!

she did it for both her daughters 20 years ago!

I think i failed ladies. He loves food so much he was getting frustrated that he couldnt eat more so I have to fork mash and give it to him(along with finger food). He loved sweet potato, avocado, banana, apple. Only one he didnt want was mangoe.
He screams if I dont load the spoon with avocado fast enough.
Havent given him any dairy, want to hold off.
Good luck everyone!

sent from my Galaxy s2

Oh my god, it really annoys me when people say you need to give them mush to make sure they're getting enough. Should I have also bottle fed to make sure he was getting enough? should I shove mush into him, maybe if even he doesn't want it, to make sure something goes in?

Arggg!!!

I had the best dinner time tonight with lo. Pasta with meatballs and tomato sauce. He shovelled it in, made non stop appreciative noises, didn't throw any on the floor and ate for an hour. I was so proud :) then finished off with a plum ad plain yogurt. I am SO glad we did this. It was incredible watching him.

yes very frustrating when people say you 'have to do anything. some people/hv have absolutely no idea about blw.

hopefulmummy, I am so happy you are totally loving it! It's just the best isn't it?!! Owen still makes those mmmmmm mmm noises :):)

good luck to the new starters! lots of sitting on hands and counting to ten!!

LO had yoghurt for breakfast today for the first time! She loved it....was nom nom nomming all the way through it bless her! She also had pineapple which she sucked to death lol x

Here's some pics!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331886048.135199.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331886048.135199.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 11
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331886063.075280.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331886063.075280.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 11
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331886076.099525.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331886076.099525.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 11
Looks like she enjoyed that yogurt smith! I get more tempted to give him something by the day but I know my oh will be gutted if i start without him here, he's more excited than I am! Maybe because men get no involvement during the bf stage. Only a week until he's home!

Hi I have put up a post in the girlies room about blw, so if you have access could you have a read and give me some advice?

Looks like she enjoyed that yogurt smith! I get more tempted to give him something by the day but I know my oh will be gutted if i start without him here, he's more excited than I am! Maybe because men get no involvement during the bf stage. Only a week until he's home!

We are exactly the same, LO is trying to get involved and grab food at every opportunity, he is so curious about it, and its getting so hard to stop him without putting him off, I did let him grab my toast this morning but he only held it and had a good feel then threw it on the floor lol, but OH would be gutted if I started without him he's been so supportive of bf'ing and this is his chance to finally be involved, only have to wait until a week today as that is when he is on hol, I cannot wait!!!!!!!

Last edited:
It is exciting! I'm planning tomorrow's cuisine already lol! Still doing just breakfasts at the mo and will probably introduce lunch next week!

God the yoghurt was everywhere but she loved it! Was excited yesterday as there was banana in her poo :) whoever thought I'd become a poo inspector lol xx

Hey is it ok to give my LO strawberries does anyone know? None of us are allergic to them x We're officially starting BLW on MOnday Eek! x

Hey fro, I just have them to Arthur tonight! I'd probably start with other foods first though... Xx

Just thought I'd share this picture as it made me chuckle!

'I will get the whole rusk in....you wait and see!!!' hehe xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332448861.813279.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332448861.813279.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 10
Aw that is so adorable smith!!!!

Well we officially started today :yay: so far we've had banana porridge which was all over and he got a teeny bit in his mouth he gagged on it but then was ok, he's mushed up some melon in his hands and managed to lick a bit of mango!! Pretty succesful for his first ever attempt!!!

Aw bless :) its good fun isn't it! We're loving it! Going to introduce lunch next week! LO actually squeals with excitement when she sees the high chair coming out :) xx

Today is the day :) we start! Obviously not just now at 4am though! Not sure what to give him first, did you literally just give them what your eating?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back