New 2 The Site.. Can Anyone Help 18dpo and Still No AF ..

back2thegypsy

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this site, I've decided to join because question after question is poping to mind.

Little background info: I'm in a lesbian relation with my partner who has 2 children already, youngest is 6, an we been together 4years in decemeber, and we decided we would TTC, We went for Home Insemination as I was always on time with periods, we tried in July 2011, And I was 5days late for my period, but I put that down to being new to it!

Between July and August I was 16days from Period 2 Ovulation and 17days from Ovulation to Period, in September I was 15days from Period to Ovulation an 13days from Ovulation to Period.

This month I Ovulated on the 6th Oct Met up with donor on the 5th had 2goes 5th and 6th..... I absolutely know I ovulated on the 6th because I used the kits and it came back positive. This month I was 13days from period to ovulation.

Now I cant seem to work out when I was actually due to come one. I'm now 18dpo and looking back Ive not been anything past 17days 4 AF to show up.

Any reasons as to why, I had a few symptoms, Bloated, Cramps, Sickness, Tiredness, White ring around nipples, spots on face, (highly unusal) and spots on bbs, an sore bbs, Hungry every 3hours, then next day feeling very sick. My temps are high for me... and I'm getting all BFN's....

Can anyone help or been through what I'm going through. I'd love some advice!!

Thanks!! x

Last edited:
Hi hun I didnt want to read and run. Im not really sure what advice to give hun but im sure someone on here will know.
I really hope this is it for you though as ur symptoms are really good signs of a pregnancy. Iv heard Some women take a while to reach high enough HCG levels to read on a pregnancy test so until the witch arrives ur still in with a chance. FX for you xx

Hi hun I didnt want to read and run. Im not really sure what advice to give hun but im sure someone on here will know.
I really hope this is it for you though as ur symptoms are really good signs of a pregnancy. Iv heard Some women take a while to reach high enough HCG levels to read on a pregnancy test so until the witch arrives ur still in with a chance. FX for you xx
Hiya Bellarina,

It's all exciting, but I dont want to get hopes up high, It's a little strange, I hope if the witch is gonna cast her evil spell then rather now, Its the not knowing n what to do thats the hardest.

Thank you x

Hello and welcome to the site, Its lovely to see another donor user on here Ive been feeling a bit lonely!

Have to say that this pattern of good symptoms followed by late af is common as is followed by bfp.
I think that lots of people are pregnant early on and have symptoms and until you get your AF theres no way of knowing if it has suceeded or failed - i think the late af plus strong symptoms is an early failed preg.

So theres every reason to be hopeful particularly as sperm can live up to 5 days inside you as the uterus keeps them alive. But keep on charting your mucus and other symptoms. Either it will be fab news or AF either way a baby or a more clear ability to count the length of your cycle. Try using a ticker like we have as a signiture click on someones change the dates for you then paste into your sig.

I can recomend using the journals it really helps to get things of your chest.
Good luck and fingers crossed
x Daisy

Hiya Daisy,

Ahh its nice to know im not alone....

Thank you for your advice :) x

I came on my period... My cycle was 33 days... I feeling so down, I cant pinpoint Ovulation or Periods.. my temps are so erratic its unreal..

Hows things with you?? x x

awe sorry to hear the witch got you hun!

im ok, seeing dr on friday as came off pill end of july...1st cycle was 36 days...next one ws 37 days....im not on cd 40, getting negative hpt's and no sign of af....i know i ovulated on CD 17 or 19...which means if im not pregnant that my luteal phase is way too long so gonna see if theyl firstly do a blood test to rule out pregnancy....as if im not id like some advice as to why cycles are getting longer and not shorter

keeping fingers and toes very tightly crossed for you hun xx

awe sorry to hear the witch got you hun!

im ok, seeing dr on friday as came off pill end of july...1st cycle was 36 days...next one ws 37 days....im not on cd 40, getting negative hpt's and no sign of af....i know i ovulated on CD 17 or 19...which means if im not pregnant that my luteal phase is way too long so gonna see if theyl firstly do a blood test to rule out pregnancy....as if im not id like some advice as to why cycles are getting longer and not shorter

keeping fingers and toes very tightly crossed for you hun xx
ahh am sorry....

Hopefully dr will be able to see whats going on, Its so frustrating isnt it, I'm off up dr's tomorrow, gotta see why I'm waiting till day22 to ovulate then waiting another 17-18days to come on a period...

Fingers crossed as always, ya may have a lil surprise... dr may say ya PG...

let us know how things go bab... x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back