Nervous for HyCosy tomorrow....

Yay... so pleased for you, and even more exciting is that things are moving on!!!
Great news.

Love Giz xxx

Hey girls....

It didn't hurt as much as i thought it was going to, just uncomfortable.

My ovaries are modeatley polycystic.

No more Clomid for us anymore.

Good news.....dye ran freely through my tubes :)

So we are now eligible for IUI. Have an appt on 21st Feb to discuss it all then treatment will start on next available cycle and they'll be doing it with inkections for ovulation.

Feel sooooo happy :)

if IUI doesnt work (we get 3 cycles) then it will be full blown IVF xxxxx

Excellent news hun - fingers crossed the IUI works for you

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Really pleased you got some answers and it wasn't too painful.
Great news about the IUI :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if you have to be married for IUI? We have to fill in a form and one box said ' we are not married to anyone else other than each other'......we not married, but i ticked the box, was scared to ask incase it knocked us back xxx

I wouldn't have thought being married or not would make any difference!!

So happy it all went well for you hun and wasn't to painful, I think 2012 is going to be a good year xx

I doubt you have to be married hon, but I would have ticked the box as well! If you look at the guidlines it does not say anywhere that you have to be married., just what age you are, how long TTC and whether you have any other children.

Good luck and keep us updated on the IUI, as I am sure there are a lot of girls on here who are about to start it some point this year as well.

Gizz xx

Just worked my dates out, they said they'll start on the next available cycle after my appt, which means it will be March....whilch hotld my trip to London to visit the Primrose and Hummingbird Bakery! Typical lol xxxx

glad it went well for you and things are moving forward xxxxx

hi chaz, so glad everything's ok, fab news! i'm so jealous you get to start iui so soon as i need to wait til october! great everything's moving in the direction for you. doubt you need to be married for iui, that would seem really outdated and unfair. shame about your trip to london, i'm dying to visit the hummingbird bakery, I love their recipes! but you can go another time, babies before bakeries, lol! x

Aww Chaz thats fantastic!! You really deserved the good news :) xxx

Yay!!! awesome news!!!! Glad everything went so well!!!!!! fingers crossed for yu xxxxx

Yay! Really happy for you thats great news. Keep us informed of the provess etc for IUI as its our next step! All be it 18 months minimum away!!!

We are due to start IUI in next 5 months so it would be really good to hear how your experience goes. Good luck!

Hi

I have just been told I need a hycosy! was really nervous about it but feel a little better with you saying it is not so bad so thanks!

Char x

I was dreading it, my nurse even told me the 1st HyCosy they did today the woman was screaming! I took 2 paracetamol, 2 ibuprofen and had my breakfast and all i felt was a weird sensation when they inserted the catheter, and a twinge or 2 when they injected the dye, had a little bleeding afterwards and thats it, i think relaxing is key too :)

Its weird to hear so many girls are having to 'wait' for IUI. My consultant said i'd be put onto the waiting list, but the nurse said it would be the 1st full cycle after my appt in Feb....so roughly 7th March we'll be hoping to start, so not really a wait. She also said the sucess rates are higher than the national average, so ill be looking into those tomorrow. Hospital also has the embryologists etc there so they have better procedures apparently.....need to have a read....

What are the reasons you ladies are going for IUI?? xxxx

It just all seems to be a postcode lottery in terms of waiting times which just doesnt seem right does it. Im waiting IUI as Ive not ovulated since a mc in Feb. unsuccesful clomid and most likely letrazole. My problem is therefore I need to ovulate and the IUI drugs are a bigger step than clomid etc to initiate ovulation. However if Im honest I actually believe my referral for IUI is in fact a cost cutting exercise from the NHS as its cheaper than IVF.

Have been trying since june 2009, we're in the "unexplained zone". Consultant told me it is an 18month waiting list for IUI for Glasgow area but it is backdated to when all the major test investigations are done. Since we had all our tests Nov/Dec 2010 (and they told us to try for another year cos nothing found) our 18months gets backdated to then. So June at latest hopefully :eek:)

It does seem fairly random tho...... all the hospitals in the west of scotland use Glasgow Royal for treatment, but depending on which health authority you live in you can have a totally diff waiting time. For instance Glasgow for IVF is 2years..... Lanarkshire healthboard which is right next door is 6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back